Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right here goes I've done mine so I'm just showing you how to undo The hawk other machines might be different #1 undo The rear cover anti-clockwise, under that are 3 0.9 Allenkey grub screws remove them very important. #2 pull the connection out unsolder it from the two wires, make note of the + as it needs to goto the centre of the rca, #3 now undo The main body anti-clockwise it will unscrew all the way off, now you can see a circuit board contected to the back of the motor, I've done away with that but it's your choice if you do, you can now solder some longer wire if you don't think it the old wires will reach for you to solder a rca to it. #4 screw the body back together with the wires poking out the back, solder your rca on and use little shrink rap, push the rca in the hole, it won't go right in because of the case, then put the 3 allen key grub screws back in. You can centralise the rca with the 3 allen grubs fit the end cover and it's done.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

2. Like Machined Ink liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you need to mo've the motor there is one allen key grub screw in pic 3 that needs to be undone and well as the front plate and the little Allen grub then pull the push rod out then the motor can be moved, the cam is only glued on, on the hawk motors. I think that's it any hassles just let me know and I'll try and help, plus I did find that the motor ran faster once I replaced the rca on the hawk as both my hawks have now got rca.

Last edited by hellraiser6662; 11-18-2013 at 01:28 PM.

4. Like Machined Ink liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    If you need to mo've the motor there is one allen key grub screw in pic 3 that needs to be undone and well as the front plate and the little Allen grub pull the rod out of the cam then the motor can moved, the cam is only glued on, on the hawk motors. I think that's it any hassles just let me know and I'll try and help, plus I did find that the motor ran faster once I replaced the rca on the hawk as both my hawks have now got rca.

6. Like Machined Ink liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    No shit. Sweet. Thanks man.

8. Like Machined Ink liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so I've tried and broken, bent or stripped four different allen wrenches. All .9mm. Any recommendations on loosening those gatdammed grub screws? I didn't want to ruin the electronics with solvent.

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll it was the same with me them bloody small Allen keys are just so Bitcho, my be a little heat might help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I'll try that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn wish u wernt do far away bcause id pay u to do all mine. I aint too mech smart haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Success!!!
    But not without a few complications. A word of warning if you're going to try this. Cheyenne uses some kind of putty or glue on the threads of the grub screws and body pieces. A heat gun will help loosen it. But I'd recommend getting a high quality screwdriver-style Allen wrench. Got mine off Amazon for $12. And you'll need a pair of channel locks to get the body apart. Be sure to wrap the shit out of them with cloth or gaffers tape. I scratched the bodies of my thunder and spirit trying to get them apart. Rewiring them is super easy and they are both running even smoother than before. I'd be happy to help anyone else with this. If interested, let me know.
    Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Together we rule the pulling apart of Cheyenne machines haha if it's got thread lock it is design to loosen under a bit of heat, the hawk dosent seem to have so much goo in the threads