Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I converted my Thunder to RCA also. I just got a critical CX1-G2, any suggestions on how I if/how I can get it to run on it? I use a lab power supply at home and the thunder run on it any voltage no problems but it's frustrating to just have spent $165 on a power supply and it doesn't run the machine I use most. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    to you use the startup cable that you need for the thunder ?

The Start-Up Assistance is a molded board which is integrated in the cable. It is used to support the Hawk Thunder machine for 3rd party power units such as Eikon and Critical. With the help of the start-up cable the Thunder runs on 4-5 volts. The Spirit in comparison starts on 9-10 volts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a startup cable but can't use it because I converted my thunder to RCA

Post Thanks / Like
    than change the connection on the cable to RCA or you go in a shop and buy a converter to RCA - its cheap and not a big work

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using my Thunder without the startup cable for months now (with my CX1, 1st gen). I run it around 7-9 volts usually. I use mainly t-techs, which have less tension than Cheyenne carts. If the carts won't start while in the machine, try inserting them with it running. I do that with my stylus and it works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will say both my thunder and spirit seem to run smoother and require less voltage since switching over to RCA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that's my problem, it won't even run without the carts

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm. If the CX-1 works with other machines, maybe check the wiring on your thunder and RCA (proper connections, not grounding out, etc.). If it doesn't, I'd contact critical. They're pretty good about customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm visiting family out of town right now and don't have any tools or even the start-up cable with me so I can't really mess around with it until I get home. I don't know how any wiring would get messed up because I soldered and heat shrank everything and the 3 set screws have the RCA held in place like a rock. You could be right though. It's just frustrating because I can't do anything about it while I'm away. Thanks for the help guys. At least I know now it should work!

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way. I should have started a new thread. I'm sorry I didn't mean to hi jack!