Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

Halo veterans please reply

I see many posts with Halo users running 8-9 volts for color and BnG...
    I am afraid to run my Halos that high for fear of overworking skin.
    My theory is that it's stitching to fast to impregnate properly and will cause
    to much blunt force trauma to the skin like most coils.

I was wondering what cam and average volts speed you guys are running the Halo for color and BnG?

Also what style of tattooing do you do? Be it traditional or realism etc...

Really curious.. I been running them around 7 -7.5

Please reply.. thank you.
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    im not exactly a veteran user, lol. but like I posted on another thread, I shade and color in between 7.8-8v and line at 9v. iturn my give on the shade/color 4.5-5 full turns, and my liner 1.5-2 full turns. definitely doesn't cause much trauma at that give and volts. it hits soft and punchy at the same time if that makes sense. I am going to try full give tomorrow for shading/color/lining at a lil higher voltage for each as that is what some have suggested. said its awesome and id love it. anything is worth a shot. anyway the way ive been running it has had amazing results and I love it. I started at lower voltage for shading/coloring but felt it wasn't as smooth, anyhow, that's where im at in my process, ill post more tomorrow when I try the full give thing. oh and I use 3.2mm cam for shade/color and 3.6mm cam for lining.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been running the 3.2 almost full give at 8.4-9v for shading and color. Same voltage with about half to a quarter give with a 2.5 for black and grey and tonight I tried lining with a 3.6 at 10.2v full give and it was fucking brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ususally run mine around 7.5-9 for realism, but thats just me, just really depends

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    so it seems like 7.5 to 8.5 is the sweet spot.... thank you.. and anyone else care to add on.. go for it

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    6.5 for color here. machine bogs a bit with 11mag but puts in color most efficiently for me. i do need to slow my hand speed a little but the ink saturates faster. i find i have to work the skin more any higher than 6.5. this is using 3.2mm stroke. almost no give. i do mostly japanese style. kinda like coil machine theory. slow and punchy. but thats just me.

7. Like SinnerTattooMachines liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same as peezie - what I like about the halos is the same thing I like about the Kubins - both work GREAT at lower voltages.

Halos form 5-6.5 maybe a 7 on some spots.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't stress Crab and start low and tattoo. Crank up the voltage until you find your own point. Overall voltage for me is 8.5 volts give and take
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dunno how u run a halo at 5 v bro 6.5 i can almost stop the machine by touching the nipple i guess it depends on pu i run mine at 8.5 for color and shading it feels like it bounces off the skin too much on lower volts i guess i like a bit of bite when u compare machines like the halo etc to the way some ppl run a thunder like on those cheyenne pu the thunder is like a silent chainsaw u couldnt run a halo that high if u wanted i still find it amazing how some artists run super fast on one machine and super low on another ive heard of artists lining at rediculously slow speeds as well as guys who like. them at that 120cps mark. why the hawk pu goes to 170 cps is beyond me after owning all these machines and looking back at it you can basically run a rotary on any voltage and have it work for u the same with give settings its just a matter of getting used to it i guess i run all my machines around the same medium speed and.hit

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    been running around 7.5 volts today.. worked well