Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bio pound of flesh.

Here is what I was doing on my pound of flesh. I don't think I will finish it because I can get the stencil off to save my life.

I put the stencil paper on and then put a paper towel with green soap on it for about a minute then let it sit over night. About 15 hours and the stencil won't come off. Greens soap, alcohol, mdacide, windex, paint thinner, Ajax nothing will even touch the stencil.

I read somewhere to not let it sit over 24hours but they recommend letting it dry over night. So discouraged.

And the black just isn't black. The bumps on the first knuckle are solid black and look dark grey at best.

2. Like Wonderland liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried to bleach the hand? I read somewhere on APOF site about using bleach at the end to remove the stencil. maybe that will work?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will give it a shot. Thanks for the tip I will let you know if it worked. It is probably permanent by now it has been on there like 80 hours or something

Post Thanks / Like
    I would use a hand sanitizer. if the lines arent black black when tattooing it, it will get darker the slower you go tho for sure. :/

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having the same problem with the transfer.....any luck with the bleach???

Post Thanks / Like
    I have problems finding a black that would show too!, I used Zuper and it just looked grey, Finally I bought some Ink From ATimeMachine.com. It was cheap becuase they were going out of the ink business, like $5 for 4oz! but it shows up almost 100% black on the APOF.
    Sarenity Tattoo. 4350 24thAve. Ste.802, Mailbox 119. Fort Gratiot, MI 48059. (810)385-2222 www.SarenityTattoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I soaked a paper towel on bleach and wrapped the apof in it and 30 minutes later the stencil is completely gone and the ink is still there

Now I have to finish it

9. Like FTW, tatu richie, Wonderland liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need to get one of these, maybe the whole arm..excellent way to showcase your work to customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I packed some solid ass black in to mine using silver back. About a nickel worth of needle and slow hand motions work good for solid. I had a lot more trouble with washes. They just ended up solid looking. And I could barely get my stencil to stay. Better than not going away at all I guess. I even used stencil stuff. Couldn't get it to stick for shit. I got pictures of it on my Facebook . (Tim kocevar)
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to stencil it and then let it dry for hours. My stencil wouldn't stay at all then I came back to it the next day and it was stuck.