Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

German Evo variant ?

i scooped this thing up on ebay quite a while back and when i got it i didnt know what to make of it so it got tossed to the back of my cabinet and forgotten about until recently i saw the newer German Evolutions and thought 'hey i got one of those!' haha
    not real sure who i got it from or exactly what i paid but i remember it was next to nothing.
    i have no idea what possessed someone to put this thing together as it is but behold! (may want to put on some sunglasses cause this thing is blingy)

IMG_20131104_094713_325.jpgIMG_20131104_094723_070.jpgIMG_20131104_094731_583.jpgIMG_20131104_094741_878.jpgIMG_20131104_094801_064-1.jpg

i was hoping that someone could help ID this thing and maybe tell me what type of motor is in it and whether its worth messing with or not. it seems to run good on 2.5 to 3volts. however i am missing one of the slider pins as theres supposed to be one on either side (see fourth pic) and the plastic screw that locks the needle into the slider/sled whatever they call them these days. i was planning on trying to do away with the cheesy bling and motor can and make a flat top that would come off the top where the two flathead screws are and have an rca jack upward facing and wrapping the motor in a coil wrap ( i think someone on here was talking about doing this) but the diamond band seems to be glued on. .. any thoughts? also, is it supposed to be packed full of grease (again, fourth pic) because that hardly seems safe for the client under the needle. maybe clean all of it off and add a drop of superlube?

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_20131104_094801_064.jpgIMG_20131104_094808_547.jpg

thought the use of masking tape on the wires was nice. good secure connections haha

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    That thing looks beat! It's not supposed to be caked in all that gunk, clean it up and lube it. The nut for looking the needle down is just a standard m4 nut i think buddy.
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I took a vice nut off another machine to check and its the same. I've been messing with it today and have it stripped of the bling and have a rca fastened to thetop right behind the two screws on top. I kinda like the crude naked look to it but I'll play with it more and get the Kotor wrapped and try and clean up my wiring job as I seem to have forgotten how to solder lol. The whole can and bracelet looking thing was glued on. Who glues fake diamonds to a tattoo machine?! Lol hopefully I'll have it workable this week and if this site would allow me to post pics from my phone I have like ten from the project but I need not post them all as I don't want the Chinese seeing it apart and knocking it off

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and the other slider pin was in the can. Why I don't know. But hey at least I don't have to make one . I thought about wrapping a red bull can around the motor but I'm not about to do some glued on bullshit like what I just spent an hour getting off

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just pop some heat shrink on the motor, that's all I use.
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    its deff. a china motor , for what i can see

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Steel View Post
    its deff. a china motor , for what i can see
    Well the motor it comes with is a china made Mabuchi. So it most likely is the original motor.

9. Like R0st0ck liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea i didnt know if it were a mabuchi or what. i plan on tattooing with it soon haha hopefully i can get it looking like something because i dont want to set it up and my client raise an eyebrow.. on the other hand i kinda dig it looking like some sort of prison contraption..
    IMG_20131104_121144_094.jpgIMG_20131104_141543_569.jpgIMG_20131104_154326_797.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Its just an evolution with an housing for the motor and an rca....
    Here is a pic from a evolution that i have been modified....same motor...its an Mabuchi RK-370SD
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/Elektromotor-Speed-300-7-2-V-Mabuchi-RK-370SD-/230932573208

its a cheap Motor,but it runs very nice and strong....the german Graupner Group sells these Motor for RCA-Cars...

Oops forgot the Pic
    Last edited by R0st0ck; 11-06-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english,i am to old to learn it anymore perfekt....I think