Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nicholasville and danville ky. we have two locations
    Post Thanks / Like

need opinions on a halo question

I have had several spektra halos in the past, 3 total. And while they tattooed effectively and are made well, I ended up selling and trading them off. This was mainly due to the vibration and noise. Now to qualify this, I love a very quiet smooth sounding machine, examples would be vivaces, bishops, and kubins. However I am now wondering if I jumped the gun and sold mine off to quickly. The new slider has been said to make a noticeable difference in the reduction of vibration and noise. Can anyone who has upgraded their halos, or has one of each (old and new) sliders tell me their opinions on this reduction. And if you believe this new version is quiet enough to warrant the purchase of a new one, to someone who wants a quiet machine. Thanks for the input everyone.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one of each.. and my old one is nothing like the new one..

I am going to send it in to get it upgraded tomorrow...

The new version is way smoother, with no rattling... its perfect... its perfected... try a new one
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

nicholasville and danville ky. we have two locations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you crab ink. I really wanted to hear from someone who has the two versions currently and has felt and heard the difference first hand. Glad to hear of the obvious improvement.

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely say get one also, by far one of or if not the best machine I have ever used. I have the new slider version, and also have a vivace. I can tell you that with the new slider there is more of a sound than a vivace has, but with that being said I believe that the vivace is pry one of the quietest machines on the market so if you use a vivace as a bench mark for sound you'll be hard pressed to find another as quiet. anyway as I was saying the machine is not silent even with the new slider but is definitely not loud either by any means. there is some vibration and again, coming from using a vivace to a halo it threw me a little at first. now though, I don't even notice. its definitely not a big enough vibration for me to sacrifice the many benefits of owning and using a halo. a vivace weighs 4oz. with a Mabuchi motor and the halo is about 2.8oz I believe with the maxon motor. anytime a machine is that small and has such a powerful motor, a lil vibration is to be expected. I personally could not at this point ever see me not wanting to have a halo in my arsenal. the many benefits exponentially out weigh the very few if any drawbacks you may perceive the halo having. at first I even thought I wouldn't use the derlin rpg grip with the halo and only use ss because of the little vibration the machine had but after many tattoos now, as I said before I no longer even realize. my expectations of sound and vibration requirements were based on my use of the vivace, so initially I misjudged the machine on that basis, that's all. in any event, yes! get a halo, they are magnificent and one machine can truly do it all, exspecially if you use cart systems. that's my honest opinion, take it for what it is, hope to hear what you think of the new system if and when you decide to reaquire one, peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that the more the give is open the louder it gets. The give allows the slider to back off when hitting the skin so in turn and lack for a better word there is some front to back "slap" and it makes a bit of a noise. It is at least half as quiet as a coil and am not to bother by that. My mc13 makes as much noise and vibration tho I feel especially using disposable tubes. I loaded my halo with a ss tube and feel as if the vibrations were completely gone.

I have never used an older halo without the new slider but I don't think my vibrate to bad. As Cage has said it is so little that know I don't even notice. I can line with mine without any problems so it can't vibrate that much.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even with the give open.. my new slider machine is still way quieter than my other machine....

Trust me.. its a vast improvement
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    the consensus, halos rock!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reigningink View Post
    I have had several spektra halos in the past, 3 total. And while they tattooed effectively and are made well, I ended up selling and trading them off. This was mainly due to the vibration and noise. Now to qualify this, I love a very quiet smooth sounding machine, examples would be vivaces, bishops, and kubins. However I am now wondering if I jumped the gun and sold mine off to quickly. The new slider has been said to make a noticeable difference in the reduction of vibration and noise. Can anyone who has upgraded their halos, or has one of each (old and new) sliders tell me their opinions on this reduction. And if you believe this new version is quiet enough to warrant the purchase of a new one, to someone who wants a quiet machine. Thanks for the input everyone.
    the new slider does make it quiter yet the bishop and vivace are linier being they are almost no noise.
    as far as vibration when i use disposable tubes i notice it more, versus when i use stainless with red rats. maybe the vibration problem is bcause of using dis?

Post Thanks / Like
    i think its a lot to do with so much power in such a small package, centrifugal force and all that. just my thoughts. but definitely more noticed with disposables, but not an issue enough to not have one by any means, i think

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The vibration you describe is a combination of torque and low mass (light weight) the 2.5 and 3.2 are barely noticeable. The longer the throw the more of the eccentricity you have. Therefore you'll notice some.

When using disposable use good ones like Eikon or TAtSoul. Anything flexible and cheap it's not good.

Clamp on the grip and tattoo away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com