Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hurricane power suplies... HELP...

Ok so I bought a hurricane power supply hp-2 I think in white off eBay.
    my problem is with my rotary, I have a stealth rotary machine an basically it kills the power supply every time.
    all my other machines work fine with it machines from Aaron Cain an tattoo me also rotary works.
    what happens is the second I hit the foot switch with the stealth connected the time on the unit resets instantly an after around 10-15 mins just stops so have to keep hitting the foot switch to start it again after a few rounds at that it stop all together.
    also this happens with my Aaron Cain shader just seems to lose power the longer it's run one min I'm running it great then have to turn it up to keep it going abit later the machines seemed to lose the power again.
    ive tried lots of different combinations between clip cords an foot switches power cables even wall sockets still has the same problem, even after the guy sent me a replacement unit.
    the other thing is my colleague has the SAME suplly unit in black and has absolutely no problems unlike mine..
    so what do I do ? I know there all crappy units from god knows where but I'm a clinging to a pile of crap or are they any good if ya get a Working one ?
    Last edited by Ashkey6605; 11-08-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, had one for a back up...
    it will max out the duty cycle and reset....no good for rotary machines from my experience..
    .havent heard much problems using with coils, but you get what you pay for and its a knock off of a critical so quality is lacking Im sure
    Last edited by FTW; 11-08-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I know the whole copy doesn't make it a critical but I don't get why it does it one the two I have yet doesn't do it with the other yet the other runs rotarys all day no problem at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Hurricanes are hit and miss, much like a lot of knock offs. The boards are usually garbage in Hurricane supplies. TBH spend the extra 60 bucks and get a CX1 man, it's well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't expect the best results if you don't buy the best equipment. That is me saying it in a nice way. That is why it costs more. Most of the time you won't have a problem w/ the best equipment, & if you ever do you have a builder that will back their equipment. Now you are out money that you could have put towards a great power supply. It's like a customer coming in for a cover-up & then bitching about the price that you give them. Then you tell them if they would have come to you in the first place they wouldn't have the problem of wanting to cover the tattoo.
    Last edited by serial1313; 11-08-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

6. Like Vinoshitto, FTW liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    hurricane power supply is a shitty chinese copy of the critical power supply... buy crap get crap
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

8. Like FTW liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    you want quality no hassle consistent experiences with your equipment, then you just buy quality no hassle consistent equipment. im telling you, ive had cheap pu, machines, needles, etc. and always thought it was Ludacris to spend more on equipment if they have the same products from different companies at a substantially lower price. i quickly found that that was not the case. the more my customers expected from me, the more i expected of myself, the more i expected of myself, the more i expected of my equipment. truly purchasing better supplies gives you a feeling of pride and responsibility for your craft. and there is so much difference in how quality inks, pu, machines, etc., function compared to cheap inconsistent knock-offs. i guess i am not really answering your question exactly other than telling you your problem is the pu not the machine as someone else stated its hit and miss with the cheaper non-quality pu's. buy an actual critical cx1-g2 that is all you need for rotaries, and you will be happy with no problems for a very long time. worth every penny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cage, that reminds me of a younger guy I made the mistake of giving a business card to on Wednesday, here he ended up being a home tattooer and had to show me pics of horrible tattoos did..wow some of the worst attempts I've ever ran across!
    i told him he needs to stop trying to tattoo and learn safety procedures first and draw ur ass off till other people than your homies say it good then seek training & he got all defensive and wanted to compare work.
    when I showed him a few pics he asked how come my lines were so dark and why his color never stays in.
    i replied that I was apprenticed and taught the proper way to do things and that the supplies that we use are of top quality and good equipment is needed to do good work and it's not cheap.
    he replied he paid $200 for his "tat kit" and it even came with 4 tat-machine guns a power supply and all kinds of needles and stuff... I just said well have a nice day and walked away

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a problem with my cx2 after 2 years.. Doug from Good Guy contacted them for me - before the end of the day they sent me a email with printable label and it was sent the Tuesday.. I had a replacement by Friday - no hassle no fuss no muss... you get what you pay for.

A buddy, Bill traded a machine for a Halo, shortly after he got it,the motor died, he contacted Kayleigh, no hassle - whats the serial ? print this mail it - new motorbolt in about a week, across the border... again - you get what you pay for.

Cheaping out on your bread and butter will always leave you hungry... Nivek 2013

12. Like FTW liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd never run my cains on a hurricane...I recently had to have my CX1 G2 v1 replaced. Critical completely replaced upgraded it within 4 days.