Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Spektra direkt review

Ok so just finished my A Pound of Flesh for the Art show in Austin, Tx. I must say again, the Direkt Drive spektra is amazing, simple and smooth The Design of it is slick, and I was running it on around 7 volts or so and it just got easier and easier to use. I didnt have any needle snag what so ever, and literally puts everything in the first shot around. If anyone is thinking about grabbing one, Do it, you will love the thing. What amazed me the most was the vibration of the machine, VERY minimal. it is a hair louder than my spektra halo, but still a hell of a lot quieter than any coil. thats for sure. Its also VERY well balanced, the higher that the motorbolt is on the machine def keeps it COMPLETELY away from your hand, honestly feels like your tattooing with a marker. Ill be using it some more and post some more about it when I do.

2. Like nathan bauer liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    They for sale already?
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    Not Yet, I'm Using A Prototype And It's Balls To The Wall.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    John that proto you got make sure not to lock the motor all the way, let it go a bit before it tops off. It will make it completely silent. That's something we fixed already in the forthcoming production run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotchya! I Just Did What You Told Me To And You Are Right,That Noise, Gone. Wow Tho, This Thing Just Go Me So Much More Excited. I'll Post A Video Here In A Little While To Show It Off And Everything That Makes This Machine So Great. I'll Send Yall The Link To It So Stoked!

Post Thanks / Like
    does it run with the halo motorbolts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Same motor bolt, Different attachment that from what Gaston posted in a different thread, will be with the machine.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to clarify a few things.
    Machine is not for sale yet. But it will be soon.
    John has been buying machines from us, since the first day I started making the FK Irons line. One of my oldest customers that I remember.

The other day he asked me if I could sell him a machine. I told him that the machine is not ready for sale yet. I explained that I had a spare prototype that I could sell because it's "almost" bug free. He jumped on it like a big impulsive machine addict he is. This is the reason why he owns one. (or I think he was going to come to the warehouse and steal it)

We don't like to put things that are not final on people's hand unless they are serving the purpose of testing the product and debugging it. Testers that most of the time are artists from the FKI Pro team, must return the prototypes with all feedback for improvements.

However the cosmetic of the final thing is a bit different from what John got and he knows.

Now, to outline the MotorBolt thing.
    Yes you can use the same MotorBolt of your halo.
    Due to the nature of this new mechanism we developed, motor, in most cases. needs to be balanced.
    To do so we created a rig with a "probe" that allows us to "tune" the motor by adjusting the three screws that are on the side of the motor casing.

Also the Direkt requires that the motor fit a new attachment in the shaft.
    You cannot run it with a Halo stroke wheel.
    The attachment cannot have any play, so it almost have to be pressure fitted.

If anyone has a spare motor, we will balance those motors for a minimal fee +shipping.
    Otherwise all motors will come already balanced with every Direkt.

This has also a new MotorBolt design that will also fit the halo.
    But again, it makes sense to get the hole machine, and have at least one motor for the Halo and another motor for the Direkt.

This way you can buy as many bodies as you want and now that you wont have to take a motor apart.

We worked so hard for so long in perfecting this mechanism that papers for patent are in and waiting for our "Patent Pending Status"

I think everyone that likes direct drives machines (and the ones that don't) will love this little guy.
    We worked out most of the draw backs of direct drives systems and improved it. This Machine has a vibration dampening system that protects the motor shaft and its life.

We never thought that we were going to get so deep into this machine but one improvement lead to the next one.
    Stay tune and I will keep everyone posted when machine is launched (which we hope to do so early next year)
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

10. Like Tat2dPinoy liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post

The other day he asked me if I could sell him a machine. I told him that the machine is not ready for sale yet. I explained that I had a spare prototype that I could sell because it's "almost" bug free. He jumped on it like a big impulsive machine addict he is. This is the reason why he owns one. (or I think he was going to come to the warehouse and steal it)

Nice Gaston, and I figured out why i thought it was loud.......its those damn Kingpin Tubes with the Clear tips on them made out of hard plastic...lol, I tried to see the difference between those and the eikon black ones and back to normal.....Silence....Win! Again tho, you nailed this machine on the fucking head.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    any rubber band horns?
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951