Post Thanks / Like

Swash gen6 with the gen7 give clip?

Howdy fellas, new to the forum and I have to say.......WOW, what an awesome forum.
    I made the switch to rotaries about 6 months ago and have never looked back.

As of now, I rock swashdrives gen 6 and 7, but I am VERY interested in some of the other builders machines i see here.

Enough rambling and on to the question.
    I know it is possible to use the give clip that comes with the gen 7 on a gen 6.
    I was wondering if anyone here has done this and has any advice they would like to give as far as things to be careful of when doing this.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, has anyone heard of the new swash drive "whip".(coming out in 3-4 weeks)
    Just like the gen 7 but with plenty of adjustment for stroke and hit...suppose to be pretty dam sweet!!
    Last edited by chris-in-cali; 04-22-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhhhh - didn't hear about that new machine. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good,another machine i must buy :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya...i can't say 100% for sure.
    But thru e-mails with tony...talking about using the give clip with a gen 6, he gave me a heads up on it.
    Said the frames just came out of casting...and the machine should be available soon. Hopefully I'm not letting out any info he doesn't want out, but I'm sure if that was the case, he wouldn't have casually told me.

so I'm just pretty much passing along info.

Would still like to get any info or advice on using a gen 7 clip with a gen 6 if anyone has any to offer.
    Also, looking for a really good machine to line with....if anyone has some good experiences they would like to share.
    I know I'm just a noob here, but i would be grateful and plan on sticking around.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, looking for a really good machine to line with....if anyone has some good experiences they would like to share.
    I know I'm just a noob here, but i would be grateful and plan on sticking around.[/QUOTE]

At the moment my two best liners are the Bishop and Rotary Works, apparantly Rapiers are a very good liner also.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines TATMATIC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude the 6/7 is a awsome liner ...... do you want to sell it ??