Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines rotaryworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello all first of all let me get this in there ……the first comp i did i did not dismiss any art work that be computer or pen pencil or pain all were judged and to be honest i did like your computer drawing just we thought the finalists was the best this is why i put it to the public to vote ……..
    i have no problem with the technology that your using i think if it can get stuff done quicker i think use it …….but all of this has been blown out of control i myself is holding a competition for some free stuff to give some stuff back as a thank you to everyone so there are my suggestions to use pencil pen or paint i really don't see the problem i really don't yes i no some tattooist use technology to draw yes do it use it amazing not a problem ….
    dude you made a big fuss on Facebook about it spoke to me like shit tried make me look stupid thats fine does not bother me at all i,m a grown man i can take it …….what i don't get is ( ME MYSELF NO ONE ELSE ME I MIGHT ADD IS TAKING THE TIME TO MAKE THE MACHINES PUT THIS COMP ON MY TIME AS I SAID ON FACEBOOK MY MONEY TO MAKE THEM AND AGAIN MY TIME FOR YOU THE WORLD TO DO A DRAWING BY HAND PENCIL PEN PAINT FOR FREE MACHINES AND STUFF AND NOW YOU HAVE GOT THIS FORUM INVOLVED WHY THE F..K FOR WHAT DO THE DRAWING SHUT YOUR MOUTH ENTER THE COMP LIFE GOES ON SIMPLE )
    i would like to state i have nothing against the drawing stuff for you pc never have they are amazing things to have never used one myself but no need if you do good for you guys …..pen and pencil paint is what it is final …why this debate is going this far i,m hell if i ,no but its silly …..dude apology was not needed as you had a little episode and threw your toys out get over it i have i hold no grudge never do ….it is what it is life goes on i will say this if i wanted i could do nothing and just take take take all the time but i,m a fair guy and honest and work hard so i give back don't have to but i like to i.t makes me happy to see so many people making the effort yes its free stuff for doing some thing in return but really its so amazing to see everyone exited to take part in it so thats it i do it for fun and i like to share thats it …..so next time you get a bee in your pants and jump around just think hang on he's spending his time to sort this out for us as a gift for free for us all maybe i should just hold my lips and say thanks ………this as taken me 20 mins to type this and i,m missing x factor that i should not of had to do but hey i don't mind its only sunday night i be back to work tomorrow it all good …...

2. Thanks thesmokingmirror thanked for this post.
    Like tatu richie, FTW liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mostly because typing on Facebook fucking sucks. Secondly everyone who is there is here. If you don't think I should stand up and appoligize and give you a pat on the back for putting up a cool competition and your gear as a prize then I don't know what to say to you. Wasn't trying to make you look stupid, but you calling tools that are of a high end nature and, used by almost all other professional artists around the world, toys and calling Artists who use them computer freaks and not artists is in fact condescending, and the reason I had a bee in my pants. The rest of it was not talking to you in specific but put in a drawing thread. Where other people post their digital art. And meant to bring this topic to a discussion as so many seem to hold a grudge against the "toys" as you like to call em. That's it period. And as you may well be able to see a 3 page discussion about the tablet and not a thing about the first paragraph is being discussed. So other than you everyone else was talking about digital art.
    All Iwanted is to say my bad for being a dick and then let's all as Artist talk about this. And I also said it's what it is and isn't to ME. As in my opinion. . That's it. In fact have enjoyed reading the thread thus far. Some nice insights as to why some guys seem to think one way and some to why others think another. It's good for all of us as a community to talk about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Toys I was refuting to as you getting shirty .. Dude it's a computer pad drawing pad or computer freak thing I don't no what it is if u use it amazing I don't have no problem with it it's a new world every day tech is getting better and better it is what it is no regrets in what I say it's done forgot move on .. Nice discussion with every one great to communicate opinion are split .. Thank u and enjoy the comp .. I hope your going to enter all this drama ..

5. Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for putting it on. Like i said it is cool as fuck of you to put up your hardware for such a thing. It really is awesome.

7. Like FTW liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Respect .. Good luck work hard .. It's worth it in the long run .. Tomorrow is a new day .. Keep up the good work .. Let's rock this comp and make it special

Post Thanks / Like
    Sooo. At the end of the day all mediums are just a way to make art. Who gives a fuck. Happy to read this though. It was almost like a jerry springer episode about drawing. Chairs were thrown biased opinions happen and nothing changed.
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I have come up against a ton of people who think that because its on a computer, that means that I didn't actually draw it. Like there are magic buttons to do the work for you.

I have used photoshop since 1995, and my cintiq gets used even more than my tattoo machines.

What I have always felt in my subtle conflicts, is that people who haven't even done it, just don't know what's going on. It looks like computer magic. And if you have no idea how to use any art program, then it is really intimidating. Which leads to fear and rejection. That's much easier than learning this giant program.

Tattooers who say that digital isn't art, are the same to me as painters who say tattooing isn't art. ...and they are probably they same guys that roll their eyes because I use a rotary. And you know what, fuck em. I have always been proud to be the ultimate outsider. Otherwise I wouldn't be in this industry.
    TATTOOER.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Boom^ that's the whole point. Every person that I worked with at my old shop looked at me crazy when I started using 15 mags. It's just another fuckin tool for the job. I got even crazier looks when I started using rotaries. It's just another way to get from point a to b.
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice thread! I too am of the opinion that we can use what works best for us and the client.. What really is important is that we strive constantly to grow both as artists and as people... That is what brings the fruits of labour.. And as has been said 'beauty/art is in the eye of the beholder'..

Post Thanks / Like
    obviously a heated topic then.. redundant to argue though, its like trying to convince a basketballer to wear football boots just because you play football and you can vouch for them personally...
    Every medium can be used to create art, which medium you choose to use is up to you, which mediums are allowed in a contest is up to the initiator. Art is FREEDOM.