Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    threads like this are good,, i like to hear other peoples views on not just whats the best tattoo machine or ink or whatever,,,but from an art point of view,,,,,painting,drawing, charcoal or digital its all good as long as we create a beautiful tattoo for the customer to wear......a thread I would like to see is why the Hell so many people photoshop the fuck out of the tattoos they post up??? its pretty misleading when you see the colours and the blacks amplified like this,,,,,grinds my gears actually.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with this totally. Do not Photoshop your tattoos. Other than getting them together or cut from a background. Leave the contrast and saturation the fuck alone. If your doing that with your digital art you are also cheating yourself. That's where it starts bordering on, no you didn't do that the computer did it. Let your art stand for what it is the way you did it. Pick a color lay it down and then blend it with another. The morepeople paint in Photoshop or arrange or any digital just like they paint in real life then there can't be any argument. It will eventually just go away. Much like any medium and it is just accepted as talent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    threads like this are good,, i like to hear other peoples views on not just whats the best tattoo machine or ink or whatever,,,but from an art point of view,,,,,painting,drawing, charcoal or digital its all good as long as we create a beautiful tattoo for the customer to wear......a thread I would like to see is why the Hell so many people photoshop the fuck out of the tattoos they post up??? its pretty misleading when you see the colours and the blacks amplified like this,,,,,grinds my gears actually.....
    Yes.. I'm with you mate.. This is about totally misleading folk.. It heightens peoples expectations beyond what is often possible....
    In fact, is it any different than taking other guys work and pretending that it's yours? (I'd never do that btw), but pretending/misleading/deceiving is just that.. false!
    Edit..This where all the glossy mags really hack me off! Ok, get ideas and all that, but bullshit photoshopping is just outright deception!
    Last edited by ATS; 11-18-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't agree more, photoshopping your tattoo photos is cheating IMO, I have MD's "get digital" and learned quite a bit from it but most adjustments I make Are made to images before I even make a line drawing.
    in his video he edits out paper towel remnants and I don't see a problem with that but personally I don't even bother with that if someone asks I just tell the the truth, it's specks of the paper towels I use.
    My after photos always suck anyhow, I just use my iPhone or iPad and always have glare from the shop lighting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember starting out in 2002 and taking photos with a normal camera,,,,waiting few days,,,going to the shop to collect the photos and opening them up to see if there were any good ones!!!! I still have some of those photos,,,the tattoos are awful but it was a start!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, photoshoping the photos of tattoos is BS. I actually worked with one guy that talked shit about me using the computer to draw on, but then he would use photoshop to make his tattoo pictures look better. It was amazing how fucked up he was, without realizing it.

I have those stacks of old photos too... back when people were convinced that disposable cameras were the best for tattoos, so I bought them in bulk! Haha! 1 picture from every camera was okay to use.
    TATTOOER.net

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah photoshoping finished works sucks. its no different the airbrushing abs on models, lol. it makes peoples expectations unrealistic. granted its hard to get a legitimate photo representation of your work, but you shouldn't turn your work into a fallacy. just get a decent camera, a nice dslr camera and you can really capture the true saturations without lying to the public.

Post Thanks / Like
    Digital is a totally valid way to work, just another medium. It is different than tactile drawing and painting. "Different" implies that it has advantages and disadvantages, not necessarily that it's better or worse. It's going to be really hard to convince anybody that's close minded and thinks computers are the devil's tool. One less tool in their arsenal, their loss.

I posted this merely to voice my opinion about working digitally, not to voice my opinion about the contest.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by PAWNJOB; 11-20-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andy Warhol couldn't say it any better: "Art is anything you can get away with"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    birds.jpgmolly.jpgelkriver.jpg

Yeah, digital art is so soulless I guess I should just stop.

(Run your contest any way you want but saying any art tool is below any other makes you look silly.)
    Last edited by Bruce Gulick; 11-29-2013 at 11:08 AM.