Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

neo tat mod gone wrong

so I'm def a neotat fan, except for one lil thing, the plug, drove me crazy to switch cables during a tattoo (i jump back and forth between 3-4 machines during a tattoo) so I decided to mod it , I removed the base, took off the lil jack and put a couple binding post and now....tis no work.... I noticed the mini jack had a secondary wire attached to the neg....am I missing something? any help would be appreciated

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    call ray at neo tatt.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray has several Neotat sites. I think that one of them [maybe taptatdaddio?] had a pdf on machine maintenance somewhere in there. Perhaps there is a bit on the wiring? I know he is super busy trying to keep up with orders (Eikon keeps selling out of them, and he is racing to keep up with demand), so don't be surprised if it takeks a while to get back to you. He doesn't ignore emails, it can just take him some time.

If I remember when I get to work (yeah - on Easter - boo) I'll unscrew the backplate on one of my machines and see what I see (might be different, as I had Ray send me backplates with both clipcord and rca).

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure what you've done if you look at Rays RCA mod the picture shows two wires but there are 3 pieces of heat shrink... send him a pm or email and I'm sure he'll help you out as soon as he has time.

Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the other piece is to cut in half and put over the motor connect ends.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx guys, it is only 2 wires, so it didn't make sense to me that it didn't work, how do I know if I burnt out the motor os seized it up, it won't budge now even if I manually try to spin it, this blows , it as one of my dailys

Post Thanks / Like
    ...unless you soldered the wires to the wrong areas? Maybe it's a polarity issue? Maybe the motor is the variety that won't turn unless there is power going to it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Took the motor out of the case comPletely , tried the clipcord in different polarity position, nothing.....fuck!!! Was going to post a pic but I'm on my iPod
    Last edited by 2eckies; 04-26-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    it might not be your clipcord polarity - I thought maybe where you soldered your red/black from the motor to the rca might be off. If something is grounding that shouldn't be, yeah - maybe that's your problem?

What if you opened up your machine again and took some close pics of the wiring and where you have everything soldered - on both the motor side and the the inside of the rca attachment?

Post Thanks / Like
    cant see were to post pix, opened up the case again, removed everything and basically had a motor and 2 wires, put my clipcord end directly on the motor ...no dice...what is bugging me is that im not sure what i did wrong, and i want to get another motor, but worried that imma burn that one out too...
    Alie k, u have a personal email i can send pix to?