Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    did they say how much it was or how much it was going to b e_bangs?

Post Thanks / Like
    $400 there but I think it's $450 regularly

Post Thanks / Like
    thats not bad. cool.thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Price will be $499 for a full setup (our cost on producing the body alone is very high as you can tell). European prices will be a little bit more due to customs/duties but won't be far off from this price point. I apologize in advance if any pricing information was not given properly by our rep at the recent Philly show. Because it is so new and not officially released, there may have been some confusion. It will all be clear when the machine is officially launched. I will be making an additional post in the next hour or so to give you guys more details on this machine. Thank you for all that are interested.

-Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys, let me clarify a few points moving forward on this machine. This project has been a labor of love, headaches, sweat, and tears -truly a little over 2 years in the making to get it right for final production.

BODY - Precision CNC'd body, made from aircraft grade 6061 Aluminum. We went through 30 machinists to finally find one that would manufacture this complicated body. We went through 20 body iterations to get the perfect weight and mass. The final product is a body that has minimized vibration and will take rubber bands for those that do not want to use the needle stabilizer. We also used slow wire EDM process on the slider channel to give the machine the tightest tolerance. Yes, it is a slide machine and credit goes to Ray Webb for making the original slide machine. However, there are tons of other well respected machines that utilize this form factor (Bishops, Blitz, Ray's Neotat, HM, etc). We have been very respectful to other machine builders to make something unique.

Patent pending Stamped Spring NEEDLE STABILIZER - Upon closer inspection, you will notice that it is a 3 piece stabilizer unlike the other 7-8 piece stabilizers out in the market. We spent a lot of time developing this spring and ran computer simulations to make sure it will hold up for years of heavy usage. The final product uses less parts and allows you to completely remove it if you want by just unscrewing it. This stabilizer's spring body gives it a bit more give compared to traditional stabilizers, so it has more of a rubber band feel without using rubber bands.

Patent pending MAGNET REPULSION system- The magnet is not driving the slide in any way. It is used as a place holder for both dampening and stay-up spring. We tested dozens of magnets to find the right force that allows this machine to run buttery. It is a hollow magnet so it barely adds any weight as suggested above from previous poster. The magnet can also be easily be removed with the Valor key for uninhibited power for cartridge systems.

With all due respect to John Clark (he makes amazing machines), as @Peezie said, we are not using the magnets to drive the needle. It is used as a dampening mechanism and replacement for the spring system. The magnet concept was put in place even before he published his magnet driven machine. When he announced his magnetic rotary machine, we were worried it was going to use our concept but was relieved to see his magnet was used for a completely different application. We have respect for all builders in the industry and make an effort not to blatantly rip anyone's ideas with or without patents.

Small Powerful MOTOR - We use a fast and high torque 17mm Maxon for direct slide whereas other direct slide systems are typically using Mabuchi or 22mm Maxon motors. The result is a small lightweight machine with lots of power, speed, and torque. We are also working directly with Maxon on coming out with some custom motors in the future. Specs that have never been manufactured before.

I hope these straight forward answers will address everything. Further details can be seen at www.valorrotary.com. The full site with details will be launched by end of the week.

I would also like to add for the early adopters that if this machine is not on your top drawer, we will back it up with a 100% money back guarantee (yes, the cheesy sales pitch) but that's how confident we are in this machine.

Thank you,

Billy
    TATSoul
    Last edited by TATsoul; 02-03-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    will u guys be at the iowa convention? will u b selling the machine? n will it b cheaper for the convention?thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    @eric03, we will not be at that convention. If you are located in LA, you can drop by the Baldwin Park address and I would be glad to personally walk you through a live working machine here. We are right now discussing a limited time discount for all forum members. Will keep you posted when the machines are ready. We are looking at a full release within 2 weeks.

Thanks,
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    Attached are final photos of the Valor.

valor_shoot_1.jpgvalor_shoot_2.jpgvalor_shoot_3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    thats awesome @TATsoul. i might take u up on that offer. i miss the days when builders went shop to shop to show their machines off. u can meet the builder n see the machine in person before u bought it. the days of the traveling machine salesman is long gone i know n might have been something i was fortunate to experience when i started, prob bc it was before the internet is what it is today. so that would b real cool to visit. as for the machine price, ur pricing is def reasonable. i was a lil concerned that it would b reaching a higher ceiling.glad it didn't. a forum discount would b great n very appreciated though.i was just asking bc who doesn't like a deal?lol. we all know conventions are usually full of them.haha.so thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peezie View Post
    John ain't happy because people are pumping him wrong info. John got the impression that permanent magnets are being used to drive the needle where as the valor just uses magnets as a return spring instead of a compression spring. People starting drama over nothing. Check out their videos on Youtube.
    @peezie, Thanks for clarifying this! I have reached out to one of John's concerned friends and he now understands the concept and is contacting John regarding this. He said that he'll be very happy with the news and stated that it is not like his system at all. Now that the small drama is cleared up, we can move forward with focusing on the Valor!

@eric03, feel free to contact me direct [email protected] whenever you want to drop by!

-Billy

11. Like tatu richie liked this post.