Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotaryworks ID2

Post Thanks / Like

Rotaryworks ID2

Hi guys,

I just bought a RW-ID2 from magic moon tattoo supply and there's one thing that irritates me a little about it. Is it normal for this machine to be quite noisy? I ran it at 4 volts and it really rattled. Sounds so different compared to my other machines and it's way louder. Just wondering if it's worth worrying about.
    Plus i'd really like to know how you guys prefer to run the ID for b&g work. It's my first RW machine and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Pat

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah if your used to something like neotat the rw machines can seem quite noisy, especially the aluminum ones, but quieter than a coil, and runs sweet.. I used to run mine shallow at about 4.2v for b&g, elbow on this forum loves his i.d's he would be a good one to ask for advice

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm... I have almost all the machines dale offers. That being said, they all sound different. I have a standard brass 6 v that is super quiet, kind of like a neotat but the rotary works sounds much more powerful. Now I have 2 springers, 1 aluminum and 1 brass. The aluminum does make some noise and and the brass, is again super quiet. The aluminum, however, is just as quite when unloaded and seems to get louder when tattooing with the machine at certain angels (cant figure out why).

Now for the ID.. I have one and it is almost silent when it is unloaded. But when loaded it does make some noise. However, I wouldnt describe it as rattly, just some noise. Havent really used it for b and g, but do use it for color and works great at 4.5 v-5v. Also, surprisingly, i was doing some solid fill with a 8 round shader and was working great. I then decided to thicken some lines and used the ID just to test its capabilities. It lined with a 8 round shader like nothing !

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your replies. Nothing to worry about then

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    ID2? U mean the liner?
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, it's not the liner as far as I know. It's listed as the "ID2" on the suppliers homepage but they say it's definitely for shading and coloring.

Post Thanks / Like
    what supplier ?

8. Like rudeboy liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Magic moon tattoo supply germany. It's a respectable company. I'm sure they don't sell knock-offs.

Post Thanks / Like
    i just took a look. It is the same machine that I have, so its good to go..

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you asked Dale he is a top bloke and will put on the right path as he would know who he supplies his machines too hope this helps