Post Thanks / Like

t tech with the ez grip HELP

Hey guys need a lil help and understanding with these t tech needles and ez grips with the plunger.. i tried em today and encountered a few problems. I had a problem the the machine sticking bout coil dragonfly and stingray i tried and the needle sticks n jams as if the machine dosent have enough strength or theres too much friction when i do get it running it slows way down and pisses around a lil then when i tried lining with the stingray got it some what sorted and used a 8rl it was horrible faint lines had to really push and even at that struggled to get clean lines any advice on using these????

Post Thanks / Like
    Cartridges don't work well with adjustable machines like Dragonflies, etc. They work best with direct drives (whether true direct drive or direct linear drives). The spring in the cartridge gets it hard for the machines to get going. Also, dragonflies use a softer motor as well.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't tried an adjustable machine so I can't comment on that. But I know Cagelavey uses a Halo to run t-techs.. Gaston suggested removing, or if I recall correctly cutting in half the stay up spring from Halos to run carts..
    I have just switched to carts with a Dan Kubin DD running the show.. I've had zero problems so far, and like I said in another thread, atm I really can't see myself going back to regular needles, tubes and grips..

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remove your stay up spring from the dragonfly it might make a little more noise but it will keep the elastic in the tip from stressing out the machine.

5. Like nathanhamilton89 liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dragonfly. stingray. And coil all dont work or suck for cartridge. Try it in a bishop neo. Halo locked down tight or slight give. mini cranker gen 8 all push carts well direct drives do it best tho
    Last edited by joelhague; 01-04-2014 at 03:58 AM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt try removing anything on the dragonfly or stingray the motors are simply not powerfull enough.the halo has alot of stall torque

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say coil work great with Coil! You just need to set up your machine slightly different to compensate for the tension in the cart. My Fk exactor runs great with carts.

Post Thanks / Like
    works fine, just need to remove the return spring and install the right tension spring