Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to ship the machines wrapped in bubble wrap with tape around it took me two year to find the right box and another year to ship them inside a pouch.
    I agree that a nice package makes the open box experience nicer but the box most likely will end up in a land field.
    Save the trees bubble wrap that fucker.! lol
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Packaging is a science on to its self. We have been programmed to look for the flashest looking package. The eye catcher usually wins.
    Personally, it sickens me. I want what's in the box. Boxes get trashed or recycled. If some likes the flashy box, you won't like ours.
    I'd rather spend that money on better quality of the product itself and not include the bling of the package into the over all price.

Another thing, we are now the instant gratification people. When the submit button is clicked, we expect the shit like right effin now.
    Sorry, it's not going to happen. Especially from a custom builder or from one that has a small crew helping and orders stacking up.

Remember the days of mail order before the internet? Anyone old enough here to remember that? LOL j/k Please wait 6-8 weeks or even more for delivery. I hated that.

One bit of advice for your Franco and anyone else on here selling stuff. Have a shipping disclaimer.
    As long as my product gets to me safe and sound, that's all I care about. Stick a machine in a travel soap dish and wrap it in paper towels - If nothing is bent or dinged, I'm happy. I'm pretty patient when it comes to ordering things. If I know it will take a few weeks (because that's what the shipping claimed) I won't get worried until it takes a week or two longer. One thing I really dislike, is paying for expedited shipping (where it should only take 1 - 3 days) and it takes 3 weeks. And yeah, sadly I remember the days of cutting out the order form, having to write my items in, enclosing a money order and waiting that 6 - 8 weeks. Thanks Rattus. lol

Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    Franco have you though of shipping the machines in some Gucci or LV handbags. That would be corporate and fancy. LOL
    Now, normally, as I stated above, I don't really give a crap about packaging (as long as my product is protected) but if you offer a purse whore the option of receiving an order in a purse...SOLD! hahahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Franco have you though of shipping the machines in some Gucci or LV handbags. That would be corporate and fancy. Just fucking with the post

With gold leaf too. haha
    Rattus
    Tattooer, Business Owner, Mad Scientist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://rattydaddys.com
    Tattoo Supplies and Aftercare for the Discerning Artist

http://expressionsofrattus.tumblr.com/
    My blogging action

Post Thanks / Like
    I think these problems would be resolved with better communication, when you order you get automated email saying your order as been placed. A couple days later asking what options you want and thats it. Call me old fashioned but it would be nice to have confermation email, letting you know exactly what you ordered and when or around it's expected to arrive. Be that 2 weeks or 12. If I hadn't found this forum, and how clear the timetable is, I'd think I was getting ffffed as it's been just about four weeks and the site says two weeks andim not sure if images were recieved or if im even getting the right bindings. That would curb the anxiousness for me any way.
    As with any new business it just takes awhile to get everything all streamlined.
    Almost seems easier to just call them but not contact number on the site, i can see why I'm not the one answering a million phone calls asking about machines
    Last edited by Zophod12; 04-30-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    whoever owns a bishop knows that they are worth the wait... Just my 2 cents...

Post Thanks / Like
    exactly I own a bishop and don't even remember what the box looked like. I perfer a good machine not a fancy box. what do you plan to do with the box after you get your machine that you need it to look good. sorry dont understand.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dale uses the best boxes imho, there wasn't a chance my RW could have got damaged unless it got ran over.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-in-cali View Post
    Thank you for your response franco.
    Your commitment is evident in your response and has sealed the deal for me....getting a bishop!!
    I read your post in it's entirety, but it almost made my brain explode.

If you kinda break it up like FK irons did, alot more people will read it all the way thru.
    Just throwing it out there because it's evident that the post is well thought out and honest and would be a shame if people don't read it because it hurts their eyes!!
    Thank you chris and look forward to sending you a machine when you order. I agree I should break up long posts. good call!!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Franco have you though of shipping the machines in some Gucci or LV handbags. That would be corporate and fancy. Just fucking with the post
    just gonna get a cheap box and sprinkle some glitter on it lol!!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines rotaryworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My boxes are from hobby craft they are b card holders and mega cheap good hard plasic and you can reuse keep caps in for shows elastic bands machine bags clipcord covers a 1000and 1 uses any of you builder need any info on them be happy to give you they do come in diff sizes