Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

You gotta be effing kidding me....

ok so in an attemps to have equiptment in two shops so i can travel ive been on a bit of a buying spree from all over the US to europe (a few machines and a ps and footswitch). The very first thing i ordered landed today. It is my shiny new Bishop rotary. i will know later how well it works. my hopes are high though i would classify my experience so far as poor at best. while it took only seconds to get a reply saying my order was getting processed it took a week to get a reply confirming and asking for money. i searched the bishop site, facebook, this forum and twittered with franco directly and had answers ranging from 7-14 days turn around. so here i am about a month in and they did ship last friday but on one of those sites (i believe it is the bishop site) claims to cover next day shipping, i got the pony express. not to be talking shit and im sure i got lost in the shuffle between orders or whatever but here is the real slap in the face. i sent a picture of marilyn monroe which i painted and recieved a machine with some other picture of some other guys painting also of marilyn monroe. Seriously!?!?... i'll post pics in a minute... anyway i am expecting the same experience as with RW and have a bunch of annoying problems but the actual tattooing and ability of the machine is perfect, so when i have that experience and post on that too. and for both those guys, seriously, whats up on the lacking packaging. sick companies with cool identities and names, can you throw a $2 box around it to look corporate? maybe its just me

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    These type of feedback usually helps the builder to improve their service when you as a customer pick up the phone and express to them your concerns.
    The fact that you may have had a delayed response could be due to the simple fact that you are purchasing from a busy builder/ artist.
    Most of the best products in the industries are the ones that are built but its original creator.

I don't understand why a tattoo machine box needs to look corporate.
    Although Packaging is a science itself.

Next day shipping could mean that the machine gets posted the next day when it's finally built, not when you place an order.
    My 2 cents.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I get that and I am just relating my exprience. I think you are completely right, I should just pick up a phone and call them. Do you have their #? cause I cant find it anywhere. I get what you mean about the box too but as artists presentation is everything and that is just how I feel about it. If I wanted next day from the day I ordered, it's been a month, it's been more than a day from last friday too. I dont even care about the next day shipping just dont let me think that is how it is on the site and not tell me shit is different. Shit is expensive, I get that, give me the bill and a 5 day window I can expect my shit, that is all I am asking. But I would like to know who thinks I should not take it as a slap in the face that they thought it would be cool to replace my airbrushed black and white marilyn monroe painting with Franco's own. So, not having a number and having a number of email problems this is my customer feedback. I also emailed and asked WtF on twitter (which was the least I could say to hopefully get a pm back). The very first person I talked to at all before all of this was Fanco telling me the waiting period and that he was waiting too. I never took that as set in stone but we are talking about a substantial difference. In fact, I would have been fine in this situation from the beginning if I only had a phone # to begin with. Again, I'm really not trying to bash anyone and I am hoping the machine will be dope but this is my customer experience so far. marilynweb.jpgclose but no cigar. Still would probably buy if I can catch them with stock at a convention or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok just found a # for the first time on the shipping package but hey have also emailed me back and it looks likenit is going to.shake out to be a descrepency in the email situation that I had early on in the process so its not like they arebleaving me to swing. Just aggrivating

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok So the situation is resolved and I would like to thank the good folks at bishop for taking care of that with me in the matter of a couple of hours. They offered to change the wrap or the motor or whatever if I would just send it in and offered express shipping back to me again. I declined due to the fact that I would rather tattoo today than wait another week for a specific image. I can paint it if it bugs me that much and I would prefer to work so I can get another one than screw with this one any more. But, the offer was there and they did get directly back to me. It came down to a problem in the email situation in which my image didn't send however I received some mailer demon issues when I replied to the bishoprotary address and not the gmail one. Shit happens, no biggie, but in case anyone has those same issues and is going to be picky about getting their own artwork on their custom machine you should know to be clear about that. So, I guess that is how it goes. They did also point out that they are the only ones offering custom imagery on a machine and that plenty of others have asked for the other marilyn, and that "it's customers like you" (meaning me) that are putting that luxury at risk. So I would like to apologize formally to the community for that. On a brighter note, in the interim I had the chance to use the Bishop and would like to say that it is even more than I expected in regards to performance. I only used it with a 5r and it was a dream come true. I would imagine same or similar performance and range to the RWs but nearly silent and noticeably lighter, more power to run but at the end of the day I really dont know the difference other than what it says on the readout. So, now that I have A bishop and everything else is all worked out I will do a review of the performace as soon as I get a chance to play around more. However, Ive got some coils and a hybrid not getting much use anymore if anyone isnt all about their bishop

|

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to resolve the issue. We didn't get his image atttachment in the email. That happens sometimes. All we got was a request for the marilyn image that we happen to send out on alot of our machines, problem was he thought we got his attachment and we didn't...and we thought he meant my marilyn image since there was no attachment....(by the way his marilyn image is very nice) All good tho. Miscommunication..I will say its really tuff to satisfy everyone and we can only do our best which brings me to another topic id like to discuss and perhaps get some feedback on..also a thank you to FK IRONS for the response to this first post in wich I think you as a quality builder can relate to customer demand and time issues that surface quite often when the weekly demand may be higher than the supply as each week presents different demands and obligations or very well the "time" it takes to make the product..Since any quality machine builder knows better not to sub out work to foreign countries, he therefore has an obligation to uphold to keep his product of a quality nature. A well built machine by hands on manufacturing and building all in house to control the quality...so since we operate in this manner, it sometimes gets overwhelming when I get angry customers that demand to get the machines asap and may assume that we are slacking off when often we as builders are doing quite the opposite and working ungodly hours sacrificing family time just to meet the demand..Lets face it, its normal to order something and wait impatiently for the package, I mean we have done that since we were kids right? and I completely understand that feeling with respect. I ordered some needles from germany the other day and I waited 2 weeks. I was anxious but was able to be patient and understanding and now I really like those needles. No matter what, We fulfill all of our orders within a 2 week turn around time althoughfrom time to time we get back ordered and this presents a longer wait, but I can assure you will enjoy the machines when they do arrive!! I am rooting for more patience and understanding for all kustom in house machine builders such as myself..can I please get an amen from somebody!! p.s. your right about the packaging and we are in the process of designing the new boxes that will be amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your response franco.
    Your commitment is evident in your response and has sealed the deal for me....getting a bishop!!
    I read your post in it's entirety, but it almost made my brain explode.

If you kinda break it up like FK irons did, alot more people will read it all the way thru.
    Just throwing it out there because it's evident that the post is well thought out and honest and would be a shame if people don't read it because it hurts their eyes!!

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AMEN!

Similar to clients waiting for large drawings calling you the next day and getting all butthurt that it hasn't been finished yet (thanks 'reality' tv!)... but that's more of a rant for the 'rants' thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    Packaging is a science on to its self. We have been programmed to look for the flashest looking package. The eye catcher usually wins.
    Personally, it sickens me. I want what's in the box. Boxes get trashed or recycled. If some likes the flashy box, you won't like ours.
    I'd rather spend that money on better quality of the product itself and not include the bling of the package into the over all price.

Another thing, we are now the instant gratification people. When the submit button is clicked, we expect the shit like right effin now.
    Sorry, it's not going to happen. Especially from a custom builder or from one that has a small crew helping and orders stacking up.

Remember the days of mail order before the internet? Anyone old enough here to remember that? LOL j/k Please wait 6-8 weeks or even more for delivery. I hated that.

One bit of advice for your Franco and anyone else on here selling stuff. Have a shipping disclaimer.
    Rattus
    Tattooer, Business Owner, Mad Scientist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://rattydaddys.com
    Tattoo Supplies and Aftercare for the Discerning Artist

http://expressionsofrattus.tumblr.com/
    My blogging action

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Franco have you though of shipping the machines in some Gucci or LV handbags. That would be corporate and fancy. Just fucking with the post
    Last edited by fkirons; 04-28-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com