Thread: Digital gorilla

Post Thanks / Like

Digital gorilla

My third digital sketch using sketchbook pro
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Like Wonderland liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just keep going. A couple more layers and it will pop. And I don't mean actually digital layers. Treat it as a oil painting. Zoom in and work that whole area of the screen. Get rid of anything blurry. Refine or render things till you get to the level of detail you want. The possibilitiesare endless. What you have is good. The values all show and seem in the right place. Be patient. If you treat it as as an oil paintingit just starts to take shape. If your going to try something new and are unsure then do an actual layer and test it out. If you like it merge it down and go back to painting as if it were canvas. If there is any magic in digital painting it is in the paint. It's a paint thst is both opaque and translucent. All within the same stroke if you wanted it to be.
    I use sketchbook pro Sometimes. It's a bit of a cumbersome program. If you are using Android unfortunately there aren't a lot of options. Sketchbook pro and now Photoshop has a small app that is OK. But if you are using ipad then there is procreate and sketch club. And a couple others. What hardware are you using?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool thanks for the tips.this was done on my girls 8 inch to toshiba tablet not sure on its specs.
    i just got a Samsun 10.1 with a s pen for me..