Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ego version 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it's uploading on Youtube just right now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Like ATS liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ego version 2.0

Here we are, not sure if they will be useful.

Unloaded :

http://youtu.be/k97_SyrBLoE

With t-tech :

http://youtu.be/389VU-SVzAY

With needle and tube :

http://youtu.be/DdaXbinaA_I

Last edited by needlemaniak; 02-02-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking the trouble to make the vids.
    Is it 'normal' to have to add an extra volt with the carts? I have heard that some machines may require a bit more umph to run with them..
    I was hoping that it would sound better than the V1, but it doesn't.. I never liked the sound of the Ego.
    Does the V2 use a different motor?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is normal but I would have thought (not sure if it's correct english) it would have required less volts. Liam from Team Ego said you can use the same voltage and combination than with standard set up but raise the voltage by a few tenths to put the cart a little bit easier.
    So I was a bit surprised.
    Don't know if it's the same motor, Liam just mentioned "vast improvements on the design and internal parts".

Post Thanks / Like
    What colour triangles you been using for lining colour shading ect

Sent from my SM-T315 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use the same combo as with a standard set up, it's up to your preferences

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds coilish but how loud is it actually? could you compare it to something?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not as loud as a coil, similar to the ego v1 but it's difficult for me to describe as I'm not completely fluent in english. Someone else maybe ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love egos but I have 2 gripes, loudness, which gets louder over time and is more irritating than coils and the reliability. I've had three egos that have all burned out in a relatively short amount of time. I use a critical cx2 and don't use cartridges and still the motor doesn't hold out. Other than that they are great to use, really just like using a pen. If these v2s have new motors they surely have to be better than their older brothers. I'd like to keep an eye on how people get on with them before investing in egos again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishopbyname View Post
    I tried these machines and i would say they were ok. Nothing special and although i know they are the cheaper end of the market-it feels like they are too. One of my colleagues swears by them and i got her to try the new version and she said apart from a bit of a size difference the machine is basically the same. She owns 3 Egos and she's had to send them all back for repair/replacement at some point. One of them even had smoke coming out of it during a tattoo?! A great way to reassure your customers! I feel the new version came out as a necessity as they realised the original's motor was just not good enough. They must've had sooooooooo many returns since it's release. I know a lot of great artists do some impressive work with these machines, i just think there are much better and more reliable machines out there. And they still sound pretty awful
    My coworker's ego v1 broke within a week. So yeah. Cheap plastic body, loud, etc. No thank you.