Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan Kubin SIDEWINDER!!!

I was very fortunate to get my hands on one of the first two sidewinders to make it to Canada, and let me just say, I'm beyond pumped about this machine!!
    First off, it's quite small in size, but it's got a great weight to it, not heavy or hard on your hands, but feels nice and balanced. The build quality is unreal, and the wood inlay on the side is really impressive. You definitely feel like you're getting your moneys worth, it's gonna be a bit more then his crankers, but I assure you, well worth every penny. I'm totally over the days of spending $500-$600 on some plastic molded space machine lookin toy, this really retains the "tattoo machine" feel that Dan's been killing.
    As far a how it tattoos, two words; LASER BEAM! I do a lot of large scale traditional stuff (using lots of loose 14-18's on torso's and backs) and that's typically when I would bust out my coils, I've never found a rotary that could match a heavy hittin coil's for stuff like that, until now! And due to the nature of the imagery I tattoo, I'm hyper critical when it comes to line quality. This thing packs the lines in quick and effortlessly, you hardly notice you're using a large grouping! I can't get over how fast I can line torso's now, gotta start charging more! I haven't used it for anything smaller then a 9 yet, but I really like my MC's for the small stuff, so I'm totally content. And best of all, it sounds a lot like a coil! Call me old fashioned, but I really like that.
    So all in all, I won't hesitate one second to say this machine is a real game changer, I haven't put it down once since I got it, and it actually makes me look forward to lining stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll take a photo of that machine and let's see it
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Post Thanks / Like
    not sure if this pic will work or not...
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Like cyclopstat liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Want one so bad! Sexiest machine Ive seen in a bit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool I saw that machine posted on his Facebook.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    so does the motor stick out the side lets see the side view pic

Post Thanks / Like
    It does go out to the side.
    Last edited by serial1313; 02-25-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    So what kind of drive system is it? Is it a perpendicular cranker or is the something more magical going on. Also how is the give system? Is the same as Dan's other machines or is it something new? Just curious as to what makes this machine work so well.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its new - the motor is mounted sideways, you can see pics of the ones hes been working on - at the fb page. I just got a mc14 and can not WAIT to get my hands on a sidwinder or two.

He has a flipagram movie of a bunch of them

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that it is all new. The motor is a custom made Maxon with ball bearings instead of the bronze bushing. They are the best of the high end of motors. The MC Max has the same motor. I don't know about the give system as I do not have 2 YET. Haha!
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com