Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw all the info on eikondevice.com its what opened my eyes.
    I cant seem to do black n grey to good with Halo... you have any idea why this is? Would you consider the Halo a fast motor?
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    If you guys offer members a deal I'd like to buy one asap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to hear members reviews!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crabink View Post
    I saw all the info on eikondevice.com its what opened my eyes.
    I cant seem to do black n grey to good with Halo... you have any idea why this is? Would you consider the Halo a fast motor?
    Crabink, start a new thread or pm me and I'll elaborate, but it's probably just your technique

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by PAWNJOB; 02-13-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still no reviews?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, here's my quick review.. I got the machines, opened the box, immediatly impressed by the quality of the materials used for the machine, and the overall design.. Also the special little tools they made that are included in the box with your machine.. I put setup the machine how I like, it was lightweight, ran quiet and smooth, etc.. There really is no reason to NOT like these machines, due to the fact you truely have countless options on how to set it up to your need, or liking.. There was a few things that I did notice however.. First, the length of the motor, when the machine is setup, it is about a quarter to a half in longer than say a vivace or bishop.. Not that big of deal, but I could feel the difference when tattooing with it.. Next, was the tube vice, the thumbscrew on the vice when I had it tightened down, the thumbscrew was digging into my finger, this may not be an issue for some of you, depending on how you hold your machine.. Also, and I found this a little strange, the little pegs that stick out of the sides for your rubber band, ar too close for your standard eikon rubber band to have any effect on holding your needle bar, but its too much tension when you "double it up", and I found that the halo rubber bands were almost too much tension when used..

Again, I will say, overall, great machine, no reason to not like them.. the only thing, and from what I understand will be changing in the near future, is how you dont have much of a choice on what you get when you buy the machines.. I personally am not a fan of the "rubber cushion" setup, but I am sure there are people out there that love it.. How things are right now, you dont have a choice, you get a rubber cushion, and a piston slide, and then the upgrade feee to get the third option.. so if you want 2 rubber cushions, or 2 pistion slides, etc, for now, your SOL..

I did get rid of mine, for the sole reason that I didnt want to spend anymore money to get what I was looking for in the first place, I would have waited to get the extra parts, but I was in a position where I needed a few new machines, and couldnt go without for much longer.. All the things I listed above, are really very minor, and can be solved with an easy fix, or just some getting used to.. I will also add, that when I put in the classifieds that I was looking to trade these machines, Roman from HM contacted me almost immediatly after to try to resolve any issue.. customer service next to none in my books.. Anyway, Hope this helps..

7. Like aurelien liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool mate! Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhabit View Post
    Okay, here's my quick review.. I got the machines, opened the box, immediatly impressed by the quality of the materials used for the machine, and the overall design.. Also the special little tools they made that are included in the box with your machine.. I put setup the machine how I like, it was lightweight, ran quiet and smooth, etc.. There really is no reason to NOT like these machines, due to the fact you truely have countless options on how to set it up to your need, or liking.. There was a few things that I did notice however.. First, the length of the motor, when the machine is setup, it is about a quarter to a half in longer than say a vivace or bishop.. Not that big of deal, but I could feel the difference when tattooing with it.. Next, was the tube vice, the thumbscrew on the vice when I had it tightened down, the thumbscrew was digging into my finger, this may not be an issue for some of you, depending on how you hold your machine.. Also, and I found this a little strange, the little pegs that stick out of the sides for your rubber band, ar too close for your standard eikon rubber band to have any effect on holding your needle bar, but its too much tension when you "double it up", and I found that the halo rubber bands were almost too much tension when used..

Again, I will say, overall, great machine, no reason to not like them.. the only thing, and from what I understand will be changing in the near future, is how you dont have much of a choice on what you get when you buy the machines.. I personally am not a fan of the "rubber cushion" setup, but I am sure there are people out there that love it.. How things are right now, you dont have a choice, you get a rubber cushion, and a piston slide, and then the upgrade feee to get the third option.. so if you want 2 rubber cushions, or 2 pistion slides, etc, for now, your SOL..

I did get rid of mine, for the sole reason that I didnt want to spend anymore money to get what I was looking for in the first place, I would have waited to get the extra parts, but I was in a position where I needed a few new machines, and couldnt go without for much longer.. All the things I listed above, are really very minor, and can be solved with an easy fix, or just some getting used to.. I will also add, that when I put in the classifieds that I was looking to trade these machines, Roman from HM contacted me almost immediatly after to try to resolve any issue.. customer service next to none in my books.. Anyway, Hope this helps..
    Fuck,2 things where i was in fear but there are more negativ things !
    I just saw it on pics but the motor is way to long for me and i tought allready that the thumpsrew is in the way i have this a bit with another hm machine !
    I was planing to try one but this makes my dession easyer to not buy one !
    Thank you,mate !

10. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Machine is too short leaving no forward weight so you will get weight balance problem also.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    machine weighs like 3 oz.... there is no weight issue.... maybe a slight balance issue.. but nothing compared the average coil a machine

Roman .. any discount for forum members??
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951