Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sublime

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inkinwi View Post
    I never owned or had a chance to see a Revolution(except pictures). I was always curious on what their system was. Didn't it use a straight bar, no eyelet?
    the bar had no eyelet -had a small indeted flat spot on top near end.
    You slide it in the slide like the beast. In the slide was a theaded hole from the outside with a bearing a ball and screw-when you push the needle bar in, the bearing ball holds it in place.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting that Franco.. very informative and puts things in perspective.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ATS View Post
    Thanks for posting that Franco.. very informative and puts things in perspective.

Welcome. I often have been asked why I chose to make a linear driven rotary machine and what was my reason, Simply just wanted to shine light on the revolution since it was the first OG machine of this nature and deserved the spotlight that it was never given.

Post Thanks / Like
    PF is so cool that I didnīt know he invented the bulldog frame as he claims in this video. So honest!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Post Thanks / Like
    That is fucking hilarious!
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Look what I've found today in my friend's workshop! Read your post franco really nice, so I've found like a pleasant coincidence.(i'm not being sarcastic or anything like that just for the record, It's just because I saw this machine today and remembered the post you did)
    By the way do you have any clue why there's a thing like the ones in PS at the side? A knob?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by vodu; 04-15-2014 at 12:39 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vodu View Post
    Look what I've found today in my friend's workshop! Read your post franco really nice, so I've found like a pleasant coincidence.(i'm not being sarcastic or anything like that just for the record, It's just because I saw this machine today and remembered the post you did)
    By the way do you have any clue why there's a thing like the ones in PS at the side?

I'm I recall correctly you can adjust voltage from the machine.
    I also have a set of two machines somewhere. They came in a case with a bulky power supply with banana plugs and a footswitch.

Franco is correct. This machine was the first slide rotary I saw myself. It had a Delrin Cam with a tiny 5mm bearing. Mine was a bit noisy.

I think they still make them if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    This one looks like it have a conector like the rapier

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vodu View Post
    PF is so cool that I didnīt know he invented the bulldog frame as he claims in this video. So honest!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    My Portuguese is rusty! I needed to watch that video a few times.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    LMAO, man oh man. Ray told me himself, his patent was in made in 2003...in 2007 or 2008 you purchased a Neotat from him, then in 2009 you came out with the Bishop. Coincidence? I think not.
    Interesting assessment of the truth...So since you seem to know it all, then can I ask you which company was first to create a rotary machine with a LINEAR slide driven by an OFFSET CAM and a needle locking device? Ill give you a clue... The machine company that was first to do so, did it in 1993, and introduced it to the market in 1995. Another clue for you my man, the company was called Huck Spaulding. However no, I didn't buy a Neotat in 2007-2008 but indeed (just like every other builder) have used all rotary machines I could find before 2008 including a Neotat. What does that have to do with anything, unless you are you referring to the needle clip? I believe Ray/Neotat was indeed first to apply this clip instead of the way the revolution had their clipped in needle vice. So in a way, He made it better and it worked for him and his vision. Facts are, they both were designed to make the needlebar movement ultra presice...

I found that having only one clip leads to breakage, so I added 2 of them (in case one breaks) and I am working on what I think will be even a better idea on some of my future machines, so are you saying Ray is wrong for using and improving upon the technology of the revolution? In that case am I equally wrong for improving mine to what I felt was better for my vision? Whats your point, or do you even have one other than trying to disrespect me? I think Ray would agree that my machines if anything, made a statement that linear rotary machines were definitly a good thing, and me hyping this linear movement only helped his company by default. Me and Ray have talked about this very fact and in no way am I insinuating any disrespect to Ray. We both had the same vision way before money was a factor.

Its pointless to say things unless you have the history and facts. Factually, I have YET to see any rotary machine created that hasn't "Borrowed" something from someone else's and Id give a hefty reward to anyone that can disprove this fact. However, Thank you for your opinion, Its what keeps these threads full on facts and information for the viewers.