Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ATS View Post
    I'v'e been running a DK dd with ttechs for the last few months.. I cant say enough good things about it..
    I am still very interested in trying out an MC though..
    What is it that you don't find to be on the money with Dans machines and carts?
    Actually I was wondering that myself, so I gave my Mini Max a go using nothing but carts (all T-Tech) and Tat Soul disposable grips the other day for 3 tattoos. I had no problems whatsoever, but for some reason they just didn't feel quite a responsive as using the standard needle bar action. I don't know what it is, perhaps the slightly built in resistance of the cartridges themselves. The tattoos came out fine, but I know I would have lined a bit faster if I was using old standard bar and needle. The colors were saturated and skin damage was minimal (as usual). So I dunno, it's just a personal preference I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it's the small amount of built in give in the MC's (not having used one I can't really comment on this) that I've heard of that you don't like with the carts??
    Whereas with the dd there's zero give..
    Also, it's this slight 'give' that's what a whole lot of MC users say is part of the magic of the crankers..

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my hands on an MC2 with 4.8mm stroke.
    Beautiful machine, but I'm have no luck with it using carts (ttechs)..
    It keeps stopping at the top end of its stroke..
    Anyone know why that could be happening?
    Cheers
    Last edited by ATS; 07-29-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got my hands on an MC2 with 4.8mm stroke.
    Beautiful machine, but I'm have no luck with it using carts (ttechs)..
    It keeps stopping at the top end of its stroke..
    Anyone know why that could be happening?
    Cheers
    The strokes too much ,if it was say 4.0 or even 4.2 ,you wouldn't have this issue. 4.8 ? That's helluva lot of stroke, have you been trying to tattoo a Rhino ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter clements View Post
    The strokes too much ,if it was say 4.0 or even 4.2 ,you wouldn't have this issue. 4.8 ? That's helluva lot of stroke, have you been trying to tattoo a Rhino ?
    Hahaha Rhino? Why no!! The guy bought it direct from Dan to use with fat ass liners and carts..(seems Dan told him it'd have no trouble pushing carts???)
    Anyway, I spoke with Dan today, told him what was up and asked if he thought a 4.0mm cam would solve the problem.. he suggested a 3.7mm would be better than a 4.0, due to the shorter stroke having better torque.. However I think I may ask him to send me a 4.0 too..
    Hopefully it'll work out.. Thanks Peter for your help and the lolz!
    Last edited by ATS; 07-31-2014 at 06:48 AM. Reason: added more info

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahaha Rhino? Why no!! The guy bought it direct from Dan to use with fat ass liners and carts..(seems Dan told him it'd have no trouble pushing carts???)
    Anyway, I spoke with Dan today, told him what was up and asked if he thought a 4.0mm cam would solve the problem.. he suggested a 3.7mm would be better than a 4.0, due to the shorter stroke having better torque.. However I think I may ask him to send me a 4.0 too..
    Hopefully it'll work out.. Thanks Peter for your help and the lolz!
    My pleasure, I enjoy helping others, and yes , buy both cams.