Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

help! . cant decide between flite v2.1 or next gen centri. possibly 2014 gen 8

got a good chunk of change to drop on a new machine i am a hawk thunder user currently cant decide to go with flite v2.1 or the new centri. or maybe the 2014 model gen 8. any help is appreciated. does the new centri work with carts well?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I should have my centri any day and I'll test it with carts.. it looks like it will take some rigging to make work well with carts.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you asa i appreciate it. i guess i should add LOD to that list too. i hate my thunder on boney areas and just feel.like i need give sometimes even tho i tattoo most other areas without

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My old lod broke... and he sent me a new one that doesn't line as nice as the old one.. He changed the frequency it operates at... so now it isn't capable of lining with big groupings... it's a bummer. It. Went from my favorite machine to a paper weight.

5. Like skinmech, Jack Steel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Joel, if you're working mainly with carts, I'd go with the flite or the Gen 8. I've got a couple of V1 Centri's and, while they can be used with carts, it's not really what they were designed for. The flite was made for carts and the Gen 8 has a plenty powerful enough motor for them. Just my opinion, mind you.

Post Thanks / Like
    In terms of weight and size, you'll hardly realise you're holding a machine with the FliteV2 whereas the Gen8 is quite sizeable for a rotary and much nearer coil weight. Both machines are very adjustable. The softness achievable with a FliteV2, the 3mm cam and the soft push rod has to be seen to be believed. Put the 4.5mm cam in with the hard push rod and you've got yourself an awesome liner. As you can probably tell, i am a FliteV2 user.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a thunder user (had three at some point) but I can say flite is one of the versatile machines out there... If you liked thunder you will love flite even more. Had the Centri first gen, really revolutionary system, but I think with flite is like having more options. I never had the chance to try the gen 8 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you runs carts.. don't get the centri gen 2.. its 100% coil style give is not the best for carts..
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    all good machine with very different things, THUNDER and NEW INKJECTA only give u the chance to use CRTRIDGE SITEM, other machine u can use normal needles and tube,. have to understand this at first

anyway, that u have THUNDER i don see any good poit to use other machine, except that u wanna a softer machine or u wanna go back to normal needles and tubes

11. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    orderd me a flite v2.1 anyone have a black cap and rigod bar to sell