Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidewinder!!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sidewinder!!

Hello everyone!
    Sorry I don't get on here too much. I am pretty busy these days, and don't have much spare time to get on here.

Anyways, I wanted to share a little about the Sidewinder machine.
    it does sound like a coil, but about half the noise. To me, it is rather pleasant as it isn't raspy or chattery.
    If it was a typical rotary that was as loud, I wouldn't want to use it, but the sound of the Sidewinder is very controlled and precise sounding.

I developed this machine to be able to line effortlessly right off the tip of the needle.
    I had developed my MC machines for the same reason, but had a few people complain and say they couldn't line off the needle tips like they could with a good coil.

I don't want to go into too much detail about what is going on inside, or why it does what it does, as I worked very hard for a very long time to figure out what would work.
    I've already had my adjustable stroke flywheels ripped off..(but since then I've made a better adjustable flywheel )I really don't want this getting ripped off any time soon!

Anyways, I set them up to hit pretty hard and mean, but they can be tuned and adjusted to hit softer.
    I am always getting requests for color packers and large grouping liners, and this machine was tailored around those artists.
    I also use them for fine lines, and my coworker at the tattoo shop uses them for his portraits.. once he adjusted the hit and stroke.

The price tag is a little stiff, at about $600, but that is because of the time and money put into every build.
    As of now, it features a custom made ball bearing Maxon motor. The ball bearings support the shaft rather than the bronze bushings in the standard motors. This pretty much doubles the price of the motor, but doubles the life as well.

I am slowly starting to trickle them outside the USA as I am getting more comfortable with it's stability and my ability to troubleshoot issues via email.
    -BUT to be safe, I'd prefer that overseas folks would just hang tight for another few months

I hope I clarified everything! I will try to make it back in a couple days to answer any questions.

Thanks again for all the support!!

2. Thanks kylthms thanked for this post.
    Like kylthms liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best big/loose needle liner I've used yet. Zippy one pass lines, like nothing else. 600$ of pure awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have three and need another.. Best machine for me period..

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait for mine !!! it just cleared customs and GOD DAMNED I can't wait.

I have heard nothing but great things and I already own 8 others - cant wait to see her.

As always - a pleasure to deal with, top notch machines and machine seller. !!!

Nivek

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I overheard one being used in Detroit. It is vocal but more a hum than a chatter. The sound actually caught my attention when i walked past the guy using it

Sent from my SGH-I717M using Tapatalk

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds worse unloaded.. it's a nice kinda sound when it's loaded and tattooing. Kinda best of both worlds rotary/coil sound. Should make any die hard coil fan happy with the sound and the way it tattoos... I'd imagine.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a really pleasant sound loaded...

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said before, once you see one in person & you use it & understand how easy it is to be very accurate with your line work, the sound just isn't an issue. It just turns into the sound of fun. It also does color & shade work quick & solid too. The price is high, but do yourself a favor & save up to get one. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! If you do regret it, there is myself & at least 3 others above this post that will happily buy it or trade something for it any second of the day. You can't lose.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would trade my Rotangi for one of these in a heart beat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    Like I said before, once you see one in person & you use it & understand how easy it is to be very accurate with your line work, the sound just isn't an issue. It just turns into the sound of fun. It also does color & shade work quick & solid too. The price is high, but do yourself a favor & save up to get one. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! If you do regret it, there is myself & at least 3 others above this post that will happily buy it or trade something for it any second of the day. You can't lose.
    I have to agree with you. I can honestly say it's the best liner I've ever used hands down.. And I am in no way endorsing something because if any other reason than I bought it and it's frigging great.. I really have to say that it is all I use for lining and I use them for color and bng too. I made a slight adjustment on one of mine for a softer but fast hit.works perfect for the way I tattoo ..