Thread: Magnetic rotary

Post Thanks / Like

Magnetic rotary

So I'm posting this for my boss. Before that other thread hit and before he knew about john Clark's machine he was developing and building this. This is his first rotary machine build and his first time with unlimited mill access. Any feed back will be appreciated and forwarded to him. I will try to grab a video this week as well. This is the first one he has made from a block of aluminum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not gonna get into the politics of this idea as I'm sure others will chime in for that. With that being said, your boss needs to learn to build a functioning machine before he starts building advanced stuff like this. Just looking at the second picture I already see a major problem. The nipple is way too far out and the needle will be rubbing the frame. That's all I have to say about this machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, in my opinion a magnetic machine is a natural idea for a tattoo machine as all of our ( coil ) machines were strictly electro magnetic.

As for the design obviously it is a prototype. Tell him to keep working on it. I don't think this looks like John's system.

I had some ideas for a magnetic machine about a year before John's machine came out. I may still build it one day.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    cannot realy understand to much from that 2 pics, but sound like have some mistake, but anyway, compliments for build somemthing new

on youtube before i saw a video about MAGNETIC ROTARY, the needles always gonna stop outside the tube, becouse the magnet attractt the ARMATURE BAR, i think is not very good this concept, the needles must stop inside the tube, much more safe

or change the concept of how the magnet owrk or i think is not good idea have machine that always stop needles outside

Post Thanks / Like
    I am fairly certain that in this case the magnet repel each other and the spring brings the armature bar down. Just and observation. As it looks like the a-bar is resting down. It could work the other way too. A little more space and it would most likely be a bit quieter. I assume it has a pretty good clack sound when the bar strikes down.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's just a bad concept.. When someone has a machine that already uses the same basic principles and you add something that doesn't improve the machine it's a bad copy of it. Especially now that you know someone else has done it better.. John did something most coil builders diddint do and that's make a rotary that's not a dd.. On top if it the spring just doesn't make it for me.. Your adding a second part of resistance to what the magnets already do, why have two parts to a machine that make something go up and down.. Keeping it simple is key..

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome I will forward these messages to him. I'm sure he will appreciate the feed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk