Post Thanks / Like

cheyenne thunder bearing

So my thunder made a really cool high pitched screeching sound right before it seized up in the middle of a tattoo. My client looked at me and said "Do you think it's broken?"... good stuff

Later when i took it apart and checked it out, the motor seems fine, but the bearing is seized, or almost seized. Any ideas where i can get just the bearing? I'll replace the machine if need be, but it would be cool if i could just fix the bearing...
    thanks

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think cheyenne sells parts. They make it as difficult as can be already to take the machine apart so user servicing is likely not encouraged. Have you tried emailing them to see if they will repair it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I don't think they would touch it as i switched it to rca long ago...

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't torn the front of mine apart, yet... Any chance of cannibalizing a bearing from another machine?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Rick Serna, who makes the Stylus machines, has done some really cool mods to Cheyenne machines. I'm sure he'd be able to help. You might hit him up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bizarro12 View Post
    I know Rick Serna, who makes the Stylus machines, has done some really cool mods to Cheyenne machines. I'm sure he'd be able to help. You might hit him up.

Good call! Thanks man.