Thread: Noisy hyper

Post Thanks / Like

Noisy hyper

I got a v2 hyper in a trade and used it here and there and really dig it but I hate how loud it is (still not coil loud though) I put it up for trade but honestly it tattoos really well and I don't want to lose it but I want it quieter! I've heard some v2s make more noise than others, why? And what can I do to silence this one? I've tinkered with it this morning and found that I can almost tune it with the white plastic screws on either side of the armature but the noise seems to come from the top bearing above the swashplate . The screw on top of the machine behind the give knob doesn't seem to do anything but I feel like that should put tension on the top bearing ? Would love for Artemis to chime in on this as I don't expect an email would get a quick reply...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi dude i have the same with my v3 at the moment i had it up hear as well got very little feed back on it so fingers crosses on a reply im thinking of selling on all my stigmas and buying the new FK Direkt less to go wrong , shame as i did so love my stigmas

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard that sometimes this is due to the bearings or possibly the motor being out of alignment just a little & it throwing everything off.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

stigma I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Brettattos and Acink , Artemis from Stigma here , you have got PM.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it agree with serial I've just had one of my v3s repaired the top bearing in was worn so it was noisier that my other one send it over to the stigma team they've got a really quick turn around on repair/services

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive got 2 V3's and one is whisper silent and the other has a bit of a whir to it. I like the noisier one better, the sound doesn't bug me and it seems to hit just a touch softer. I've put more hours on that one and its one of the best shaders I've ever used. I'll keep is noisy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll sell you a v2 that's noisy lol. It shades real good

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol I got v3s, well 1 now just traded off the quiet one haha don't need a v2