Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Image Attachment Issues

Since moving the site to a new server there have been some minor bugs. Image attachments are now showing up as links. I will try to find time this week to troubleshoot this and get it fixed. Sorry if this is causing you guys any headaches and will try to get it fixed soon. In the mean time if you have product announcements that need images in them that are specifically formatted please try using an image hosing service like tinypic or imgr and hot link the images. If you have trouble with this make your post and shoot me a pm right away, I get alerts for them and can usually fix up the post for you manually. I do spend probably 90% of my day in front of a computer...

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I send you another picture to post it will be a ego v2 I'm gonna post the for sale right now

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who needs images properly set up for the classifieds you can email them to me phil@stickandpoke and I will manually add them for you. I have not had a chance to get this sorted yet been distracted with my regular job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man this blows, Any word on when this issue is going to be resolved with the new server?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you need to post images please use a service like IMGUR or tinypic. Sorry this is happening right now but we needed to move servers. The site outgrew its previous home in and needed to be moved. It also needed to be moved somewhere we could afford to maintain the site and to keep it free for EVERYONE.

If you need to add a photo right now here is the simple way to do it.

Go to tinypic.com, upload your image from your computer.
    To make it load quickly go to the resize option and pick 640x480 or 800x600
    It will make you fill out a simple captcha.
    After its done it will list ways the image is linked.
    copy the one that says for message boards it will have an IMG code.
    paste that into the post and ta daa! your image is here! You can do the same with multiple different image hosting services that are 100% free.
    Server storage costs a bunch of money, we opted to keep pm storage low-ish in the beginning to help allow for more image storage.

The site has existed since August 1st of 2010 and more than doubled in size each year. Aside from a few very kind and generous individuals and businesses that insisted on helping us when we where hit with bills for upgrades on the site we have kept this place free and have had less than a handful of server outages since the start. I am not a tech I work in media and Alie is a full time tattooer, some of this is above our pay grade so this is taking a little time to sort out. Please be patient and if you cant try the image upload tool I posted above. Tapatalk should still be able to host images for you as well if you are posting from your phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tatsorgtfo.jpg 
Views:	753 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	24785

Test! It appears attachments are fixed. Huge Thanks to Jon for helping out. If you wanna say thanks share your fishing related tattoos to www.fishingfury.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for fixing this so quickly. Thank you for your time.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    wont let me upload a photo still

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johndameart View Post
    wont let me upload a photo still
    Very simple johndameart, just follow per Admin instruction and you can do it. I did tinypic.com and got all my pictures up in my Micky Sharpz for sell post, just way too big.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh crap didnt even see that, i thought there was just a glitch. der