Thread: Hello From NJ

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hello From NJ

Hi all, signed up here after gettin' the link from someone I know from another site. I've been tattooing for a little over 20 yrs though my experience may not be as diverse as many of you. I haven't worked at many shops and the ones I did work at didn't have a high turn over of people. I'd seen guys in the trade get to a certain point and figure they had it all figured out and then just plug away never really changing. I didn't want to be like that so I've always been on the look out for new stuff , techniques , pigments , machines , needles & groupings. And when I see people whose work I admire saying they use something new I'll try it out and if it works for me I incorporate it into what I do. So lately I've seen a lot of impressive work being done with rotaries and figured I'd take the plunge and pick one up and sign on here. I look forward to learning from some of you and helping however I can. Mr.Taboo AKA Fitz

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great to have you. :]

So, what rotaries have you been eyeing? There are different models that seem suited to different tasks. Feel free to ask members questions as to what they prefer.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Fitz!
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I was checkin' out the Dragon Fly though it was pricey, so I was lookin' at Neotat and Stigma machines. I had started putting aside money for one and as luck would have it I had a generous tipper come in so not only was I able to go for my original choice of a Dragon Fly but also a new power supply too, both should be in the mail and should be arriving soon I hope. Though if this foray into rotaries works out I may pick up a Neotat and perhaps a Stigma after awhile. Also I've seen some others mentioned on here that look interesting.