Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Review on the Bishop Really stoked on this thing so far

Well got my machine today, ordered it the 7th of last month, the wait was fine just wish I had an idea from the start the wait time was that long, I probably would have been more patient and not send an email every week wondering if this was going to be the week. The website said two weeks they told my buddy over the phone two weeks. So just a little information and communication would have solved my slight impatience. It didn't help getting damon mailer returns from every email sent out not knowing if they got it or not. Any ways few bumps with that, no biggie its a new company and Im sure they are swamped with new orders and will be getting all that stuff figured out, Ill add they did get back to me with all my emails within a day or so,

This is only my second rotary so I only have to compare it to my cheap long stroke stealth which Ive actually been quite happy with. I kinda had it in my head that besides the quality of the rotary that they would tattoo pretty much the same. Its not like a coil where you have different weight springs coils armature bars frames etc so many different variables that cause them to run differently. With rotarys I thought well you have a motor causing a back and forth motion etc with no give besides some with a small amount of give something I am not sure I want or need. I realize some are linear some are not but with a given same stroke I really thought they would feel the same.

So first the machine looks really incredible even cooler looking then the photos Its very well built and couldn't be happier with the way it looks feels and sounds. Today I tattooed a leg for about three hours starting a new tattoo of a octupus, do not have photos and wont until its finished. I was really blown away with this thing tattoos so nice and effortlessly and definitely different then my stealth. My coworker who I have been trying to get to use my stealth for the last month but really doesnt like change actually asked to use it after seeing mine and also really like it, and will more then likely be buying one soon. I thought there would be more give since it said It had a spring dampener on it but I couldn't really notice one maybe ever so slightly but not much which I think is a good thing. The machine seems to hit pretty hard with a lot of power more torque then the stealth. Im not sure what else to say other then Im really happy with my purchase. I will update this more as I tattoo other parts of the body. The leg is something I have found rotarys work very well on, so far there has been a few areas of the body where I like to get a coil out. It will be interesting on how I like the bishop on some of those areas.

Well I wanted to give an honest review and if I seemed harsh about the shipping times etc its because its the only thing I really have to critique the machine is really well worth the wait and purchase and I think they just got some things figured out that will make the wait less but dont quote me on that

here is a photo of my machine Im to lazy to upload it to a sight that can put it to this sight and I cant take the url from facebook any more http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    Last edited by hendricksonart.com; 05-12-2011 at 10:50 AM.

2. Like phil geck liked this post.
    Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer. Says "content unavailable". Boo.

Have you tried your rotary on 'squishy' areas yet?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not this one yet, thats the areas I was referring to those are the areas I still like to use my coils, I will update when i do

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

love the bishop!

man i ordered my bishop the same day you ordered yours! got it the same as you, as well.. i love it too! its so f'n smooth.. i used a stealth as well before.. and a few cheap ebay buys from china... sorry, im sure alot of builders got ripped off from those china machines. i was just curious to see if i'd even like tattooing with a rotary before i made the leap of buying an expensive reliable one...
    anyways.. i had a few questions for you.. what do you think of the needle clip? i dont see why people hate on rubber bands? when i first got and used the bishop it was loud and i had to run it pretty high.. but i took the needle out of the needle clip and let it rest on it instead.. used one rubber band.. and voila ! it was quiet as hell, ran on a much lower setting. and smooooooth as fuck! i love that thang.. i just did this kurt cobain portrait tonight.. with a curved 18 bugpin mag... it never bled (not saying that my tattoos usually do.) but this machine cut my tattoo time in half.. i fuckin love my bishop..
    have you tryed not using the needle clip?
    and what needle groups do you usually use with your rotary machines?
    i usually use curved mags..
    Last edited by phil geck; 05-12-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    link didnt work. Only used it for one tattoo with a seven mag I had a cancellation today so just spent the day drawing, I didn't mind the needle clip but yeah I did have to run the machine pretty high but its what they suggested, I usually like long taper for color but for what ever reason with rotarys I have gone back to the medium taper from Mithra since I have more control of the needle I dont find long tapers as necessary and can work faster tomorow is a five six hour appointment on an arm ill post pics

Post Thanks / Like
    i bend the needle a little and, the thing is so quite no one else in the shop will answer the phone they all think i'm sleeping or something! nice machine still wondering how much of that lube you apply i'm sure that video will be up soon.
    and i hate to tell you this but you are technically stocked with only one machine,, stoked is the word!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah im gonna keep trying to run it with and without the needle clip and see which one i like better.. so far it seems to me without works just fine.. im gonna give it a few more trys before i come to any final conclusions.
    this was taken with my ipod so the quality isnt that great
    Last edited by phil geck; 05-13-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i usually use long tapers. just started using the bugpin curved mags.. they are pretty awesome. but it coulda just been the girls arm. she was ghost white and the ink just slid right in... i got some med tapers from cam i'll try. if you do have something big or a portrait i would def suggest the curved mags even the bugpins cuz they are alot less damaging to the skin and you can layer alot easier..

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phil geck View Post
    what do you think of the needle clip? i dont see why people hate on rubber bands? when i first got and used the bishop it was loud and i had to run it pretty high.. but i took the needle out of the needle clip and let it rest on it instead.. used one rubber band.. and voila ! it was quiet as hell, ran on a much lower setting.
    [/IMG]
    That's really interesting. I wonder why it was so much quietier without using the needle clip? My Neotats have the clip and I have never noticed anything like that. Maybe it has something to do with the rubber grommets you use? Maybe they push the eye of the needle very far forward, and you need to compensate by resting the needle bar on top of the clip instead of snapping it in? I also use a 1 in square of paper towel instead of a rubber nipple. I fold it in half twice. Maybe that allows the needle eye to be further back?

I think most people just enjoy the idea of not having to keep buying rubber bands all the time becaue they dispose of them after each tattoo.