Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a dan kubin mc-14 this week, still experimenting with it but it did some nice line work with a 11rl on 7.5 volts on the 3.5 stroke.
    Can someone please explain what makes this type of machine run on such low volts?
    I am used to running rotaries on high voltages.
    I was a little unsure when this new machine arrived & it said not to use anymore then 8v.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all if you line that big than higher voltages are required for sure but I like to build my lines so I bring it down a bit.
    Dan would be the best to ask for the low working voltages but off the bat I would say that a mix of fewer moving parts and
    the fact that the a-bar and motor are so close together, you get every inch of that power working for you. Less of a swing
    and more of a punch!
    Work hard, play hard...

Post Thanks / Like
    id have to say bad needle, also. a bur or bent needle tip, can always be an issue. its hard to tell, all bodies/skin are different also. ive done matching tattoos and had similar results, in the same area. one goes in like it was meant to be, the other one just takes twice as long and looks half as good. there are a lot of variables that can cause this though. skin type/pores/elasticity, bad grouping/needle bur, etc. you did the right thing though, have her come back and give it a once over. you can always try changing needles mid tattoo also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Draw your needle depth back a bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan sets his machines with a super long stroke, what you have to do is to set the depth
    with the needle loaded, by this I mean with needle and tube and a-bar down, let hang
    only what you need for the job, these are his words exact and it works!
    Work hard, play hard...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    I just got a dan kubin mc-14 this week, still experimenting with it but it did some nice line work with a 11rl on 7.5 volts on the 3.5 stroke.
    Can someone please explain what makes this type of machine run on such low volts?
    I am used to running rotaries on high voltages.
    I was a little unsure when this new machine arrived & it said not to use anymore then 8v.
    pretty sure its the motor and its torque - i have lined as low as 4 with kubins but have to move too slow.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do good one passes with a bugpin liner at 5 to 5.5 or regular #12's liners. I find that for me tight #12's rip the damage the skin with the MC14
    thats why I use bugpins from Mithra, they are awesome...!
    Work hard, play hard...