Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the hawk line does not have an adjustable stroke? And is pretty well a dd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    For both models

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the stroke is not adjustable. The og hawk is 2.5 the spirit is 3mm and the thunder is 4mm they are basically a dd but the bar has the slightest touch of give thru slightly bending barely anything and some back off due to the spring in the cartridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    guys a cheyenne is a direct drive rotary tecnically you have to use the machine the same way as a direct drive.. the only thing different between it and your standard direct drive is motor, its design around cartridges and its can reach really really fast CPS rate before the motor shuts down

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billannand View Post
    So the hawk line does not have an adjustable stroke? And is pretty well a dd?

you adjust the depth with the grip-the same as moving a standard tube up in down in the vice to set to how much you want to protrude past the tip.But on a direct drive it does make a big difference how what application you are try to achieve. So you can pretty much adjust on the fly. But hawk does make a grip like this now that can be used on any other brand of direct drive made so you get those same advantages. One advantage of the hawks is they are sealed so they are quiet and easy to wipe down-no exposed cams etc.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    i love to give the thunder a go, just hard to get one on trade and don't have the flow to just flat out buy it. i wish i could trade my other halo back to gaston for one of the direkts i here they are comparable in function. l'll figure out a way just got to get some money stock piled. i like my halo i just love trying other machines. and i am looking for good rotary liner,but one with style and function. like the new cutback gen 8's or a thunder i just haven't been able to love my halo for lining. gets he job done just looking for something effortless. love the halo for shading and color but i need that miracle liner.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a spirit coming from austraila on trade, now i have a bunch of good shaders and color machines but no epic liner

Post Thanks / Like
    Cagelavey look into a rw classic. I have one it is hands down the easiest rotary liner I have used

Post Thanks / Like
    When I bought my Kubin direct drive, I could have bought a thunder as the guy had both to sell.. Initially I wanted the thunder, but I changed my mind and bought the Kubin instead. I bought it with an og Cheyenne grip and adaptor.. I wanted more options than just the cart system, and to be fair even though I still haven't tried a thunder I'm so happy with my Kubin dd.. It's great for lining, packing and shading.. I've also got a Halo and I love that too, but like you Cagelavey not so much for lining.. I can line with it but not as well as the Kubin.. I think It's the weight and zero give aspect that makes the difference.. Also I haven't tried the Halo with carts..
    I just seem to really love the direct drive way.. I'm waiting on a HM adjustable to arrive atm.. really looking forward to trying that out too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody have an suggestions for how to run your thunder when wanting to do color and multiple passes . Running a critical