Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheyenne thunder vs spirit

Can anyone tell me the differences between these two machines? Please and thank you. peace in the mid east,,,

Post Thanks / Like
    The thunder has a longer stroke (around 4mm, I believe) and a more powerful motor. It's great for lining and color packing. The spirit is shorter stroke (3mm?) and a motor that's not quite as slammin' as the thunder. It's great for black and grey and color blends. They can both be used for jus about everything though. Just depends on what you like and how you work.

3. Like Ofeloner liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do they run as fast as the flite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what you mean by "as fast as" but the power band on both is pretty wide. 6-13 volts is more than a lot of rotaries have. And at 11-12 volts they're going pretty darn fast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome man thanks. I have been using fk machines for a long while and am used to lower volts. I have a flite and have been wondering about the hawk but not sure of what one to grab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    not trying to highjack the thread but since they are being discussed, how does the spirit do for lining, you know with only having a 3m stroke?

Post Thanks / Like
    spirit for lining not good to line with a spirit you need to alter your technique you need to pull instead of push the line and you need to run it fast which if your line me and have a slow hand for lining it doesnt feel right thunder is a better liner you can go any direction or speed and it wont snag in the skin and because of the more powerful motor you can feel the power and feel what you are doing its great and for solid colour in difficult places its a god send for sure.. if i want colour blend or do black and grey spirit if i want solid lines and to pack colour in like a bitch thunder

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using the thunder for everything now...have the spirit and og hawk...and there not getting a look in...definitely one of the best machines I've used
    if goods on the left, then im sticking to the right

Post Thanks / Like
    The Spirit is awesome for smooth B&G or building up "blends"..However,imo, the thunder is a better all rounder....

Post Thanks / Like
    the thunder have more stroke (4mm) and a bigger cam inside to get a better push ,because this its better for lining and solid color ...i have notice that in newer thunders the cam always gets bigger ) to have more and more pushing power