Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakndchicks View Post
    Anybody have an suggestions for how to run your thunder when wanting to do color and multiple passes . Running a critical
    Just use - or +

2. Like thesmokingmirror liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The machines hit is always the same it hits just as hard at 60-160 on the cheyenne pu supply or on a normal supply either... Only thing that changes it hand speed but because it hits quite hard I think less cps is best doesn't need to hit the same spot as many times I line again on a cheyenne power supply at 70 shade at 80 and colour at 90 or sown times shade at 90 depending on the piece if it's something I'm not sure about il turn it down.. The real trick to mastering black and grey with a hawk start doing ball point pen drawins train your hand and thinking in that technique and you will use it more effectively or even just a 4b pencil which I prefer use just that one pencil no blending tools or anything just that pencil or pen paper and pressure variations along with utilising lights and dark and you will find a cheyenne Thunder for spirit so much easier to use

4. Like Ofeloner liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    How come a sidewinder lines well at a lower stroke. While other machines seem to thrive at a longer stroke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys ,my two cents ....

the motor in all cheyenne machines are the same , not more powerfull or fast , its all the faulhaber 17x24 9volt
    as nathan claimes he is mistaken ...
    if u run a thunder at 7volt , the punch and speed is lees then on 12volt , so is it with every machine out there!
    the speed of the motor at 9volt is about 8000rpm+- so if u do the calculations , that around 120hz ..
    same goes either for the spirit or thunder , nothing realy changed in between but the 1mm stroke , and more flywheel then in a spirit
    i personally do not like the vibration a thunder gives on the muscles , dunno if that's a thing , or if i'm to beefy

cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Steel View Post
    hey guys ,my two cents ....

the motor in all cheyenne machines are the same , not more powerfull or fast , its all the faulhaber 17x24 9volt
    as nathan claimes he is mistaken ...
    if u run a thunder at 7volt , the punch and speed is lees then on 12volt , so is it with every machine out there!
    the speed of the motor at 9volt is about 8000rpm+- so if u do the calculations , that around 120hz ..
    same goes either for the spirit or thunder , nothing realy changed in between but the 1mm stroke , and more flywheel then in a spirit
    i personally do not like the vibration a thunder gives on the muscles , dunno if that's a thing , or if i'm to beefy

cheers
    Interesting. I guess the extra mm and bigger flywheel must make a huge difference. 'Cause they both feel drastically different when tattooing. To me, anyway.