Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

new bishop getting warm.. normal?

so ive been using my bishop and loving it! its awesome. ive had it for three days now. used it on every tattoo. 2 a day. run it at 9.7... ish.. give or take.. after an hour it gets warm.. not hot. just warm.
    just wondering if that is normal?
    also my bishop only works when the clipcord is on one way. (i cant reverse it.) the red close to the vise and neg near the rear..
    is that also normal?
    thank you for your time
    Phil

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea mine gets warm and yes its suppose to only work one way

Post Thanks / Like
    tight. yeah just curious cuz my cheap stealth goes both ways. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    i got mine yesterday and it ran a lil warm.there's no #TO CALL THEM DIRECT..does anybody know how much voltage you can run the bishop?
    Last edited by spider; 05-25-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Send Franco a PM on here, he is pretty quick to respond normally. The motor does only run in one direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd had his number on the bishop blog website I believe, you can give him a call, if he doesn't pick up leave a message and he'll get back to you. But if the bishop is new, they have a break in period in which they'll get warm. I've actually burned out the diode on mine before, I believe cuss I was bending my needle, but with the needle clip you don't have to bend the needle because it causes too much friction with your needle and tube, which may be working your motor too hard and causing it to heat up.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think you should only worry if its getting hot like a coil machine can when its not grounded right or the gap is to large and duty to low. I wouldn't worry

Post Thanks / Like
    what's the highest voltage you can run it?i'm using a eikon ems 200.can you use a regular power supply without meter showing the duty and voltage?

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My coworker had a neuma hybrid. He used to run it at 13 or 14 from what I remember. Many rotaries are suited to certain duties. If you run it really high, and it just 'doesn't feel right' then you are probably maxing it out and forcing it to do a task it isn't suited for.

Many people on here use a Bishop to line, shade, AND color with. It might not be the equivilant to a coil machine running at 140hz loaded, so if you are used to lining with a fast machine, and it doesn't seem 'fast' enough for you, you might have to slow yourself down.

I'm only speculating, though, as I don't own a Bishop, but I know what my other machines do, and I can feel when I'm 'pushing them outside of their comfort zone'.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    so far ten seems to be the magic number, lining or coloring but I run a slow coil liner 110 loaded