Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    i talked to my old man whos an engineer at nasa and he was telling me that basicly (this is the dumbed down version) grease for gears and oil for bearrings in this situation. he said that the downfall is that grease atracts airborne contaminants if not sealed which could be an issue with cross contaminantion. he went on to say that if engineered correctly, there should be more "space" left around the piston for grease than there would be for oil due to its viscosity. this small amount of play due to the oil pushing the grease out is enough cause chatter. he then instructed me to remove the piston clean it completely of the oil and then use a regular marine grade grease. christian @ inkmachines.com instructed the use of "any normal grease". i used the marine grease and it worked like a charm.dont forget all matter in the universe is trying to make its way back to its original form, with this said petrol based products will break down anything else with petrol in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...under the right conditions.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Teflon or Silicone based lubricants?

Post Thanks / Like
    after doing a lil more research im seeing that teflon lubes with a fluoropolymer base should work fine for any machine, there is also a product called hot sauce for the gears in a fishing reel thats brags in the speed department and also a product called superlube, which if im not mistaken is a silicon base. the viscosity is the key. it almost acts as a dampener in the way of sealing the excess play around the piston to avoid the sound waves from escaping.

im interested in seing if somone would be willing to make the shaft and piston out of graphite...self lubing anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Franco use in his bishops SUPER LUBE Synthetic Multi-Purpose Grease and i use it for my Rotary Works Machines also !
    GREAT STUFF !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    good stuff! im gonna give it a shot on my workhorse when the time comes

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lithium grease.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com