Post Thanks / Like

MC2 or MC14 or MAX?

Hello,

I've been debating getting a Kubin rotary for a while. My other experience is with Neotats and Spektras. I've been messing with t-tech cartridges a lot more, but not exclusively. I was wondering what people who have the MC2 and MC14 thought about their machines and if they felt they ran much different to see if I could get a feel for what the best purchase for me would be. Also, I know he has a Max version for cartridges, but would that be too strong if I decided I wanted to use it for standard needles as well?

Thanks for your time and thoughts!
    Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    I've ran his dd, mc12, and mc2 and I felt that the mc12 (older version of the mc14) was a little back heavy for me with disposable tubes. Really strong machine and can do absolutely anything since it's am adjustable stroke. I used it for 7-14 liners and solid color stuff. Only reason I got rid of it was that I was switching to plastic tubes and wanted a better balanced machine. The dd I liked for pushing 13-17 mags and fine lining but just felt more comfy with my other machines for those jobs. Again, really strong machine, really capable machine for certain. The mc2 I have with the skinny armature bar and I love love love that little thing. It's ran every single day I think and I've been really hard pressed to find another machine that runs 3-7 liners as good. It colors super good also but I always line with it because it's just too damn good at lining lol. It's not quite as stout as the bigger mc machine but I like that. It's super small and really nice feeling with plastic tubes and weightless feeling with steel tubes. I want to try it with ttechs but just haven't needed to order carts in a while since I primarily use regular needles but I don't think it would have an issue pushing a ttech.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply bretttattoos. What stroke mc2 are you using to push those 3-7s? One of the main draws for the mc14 was the adjustable stroke. On the Neotats I've been using 3.6 and on the spektras I've been mainly using the shortest stroke, so I'm not sure what I should go for.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like me 4.2 vivace for lining but not as good as the kubin. I think my mc2 is a 4mm. I want a 2.5 vivace for shading and blending but I've always been told short strokes are not what you want for lining. Something about the inertial that's built from the longer cycle of the cam/armature gives a harder punch . I just know that throw my liner needles way out and need the long stroke so that the needle tips make it back into the tube tip when pulled up

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah my vivace is 3.5 or 3.6 can't remember what, but it lines okay. I can line with the shorter stroke spektras okay, due to the a-centric cam I guess, but the longer strokes are easier it seems, jut more vibration. I'd like to pick up one of the kubin's though.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    the mc2s are beasts - i can't see them not kicking with everything. No idea how a sidewinder would do - faves machines. But I use my MC2 as a shader and there is NOTHING it hasnt done well. I hear they are great liners as well. "Lines like a laser" to quote

Post Thanks / Like
    What stroke are you using?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think its a 3.8 or 4. I like his machines at 4 - they do everything

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, sorry for the late followup. At Dan's suggestion, I went with the MC14 with the adjustable stroke. It's a super solid machine. I'm not sure I like it as much as the neotat for cartridges (I may just need to play with it more--it might be the dampening that's throwing me), but for regular needles it's a swell machine and has been a blast to use for anything. I've been settling on the shortest stroke for a while, but I'm still playing with it. Thanks everyone for their suggestions.