Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sidewinder

Post Thanks / Like

Sidewinder

So I recently purchased and received a Dan Kubin sidewinder and that shizznits was sooooo amazing I had to share..when it came it was nice and neatly securely packed in a box. The machine was a lot tinyr than I had anticipated, but the perfect wait.not to light, not to heavy..and the machine lined like a bat outta hell!!.by far thee best liner I have ever used,(ive only tryd a 5 round so far), its crazy to say but I do agree that it lines better than a lot of coils I've used, , this all being said , I strongly urge all of yallz to get this amamazing as fuck peice of machinery,, changed my life..I have nuthing bad to say about this machine...its better than anything I have ever tryd,, and I've tryd A LOT..peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you use carts with it? Im cart only

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Naw,, carts will fuck this machine up..from what I hear.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    THey are great for shading as well.

5. Like LouieVee liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have try carts , dan say no but i have try it on some tattoos and it works without any issue - have only try ttech for less tension as the cheyenne

Post Thanks / Like
    It hits a little too hard for me to get smooth b&g shading but for packing it's my go to. I packed black on the ribs with a sidewinder and a 17 mag. It looks like it hurts more than my halo or vivace but it packs twice as fast and heals better too. Guess I need a second one because it's my go to liner as well.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by poleson View Post
    It hits a little too hard for me to get smooth b&g shading but for packing it's my go to. I packed black on the ribs with a sidewinder and a 17 mag. It looks like it hurts more than my halo or vivace but it packs twice as fast and heals better too. Guess I need a second one because it's my go to liner as well.

So you know you can adjust the hit,? I'm sure if u played with it, it'd be a nice b/g shader..

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I may turn the screws and see how it shades. I love the way it runs for lining and packing so I don't really want to mess with it. Eventually they all need a retune. I'll mess with it then.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can adjust the hit - and the stroke - front screw adjusts the hit the front (little screw in the hole that needs hex key) adjusts the stroke lenght and a bit of the hit. I have gotten mine to run as low as 3.4 and tend not to go over 5. I am not sure how or if it will effect the life of the motor but it works for me.

Dan says in the letter that comes with it after it has been worked it that it will probally need a bit of tweeking.

If you count the rotations as you adjust it, it makes it easier to get back to where it was.

Haven't tried it for b and grey yet...
    Last edited by nivek; 09-02-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I most use 5.5 to 6 v for lining and 3.2 stroke :-)