Thread: Halo

Post Thanks / Like

Halo

So, a long back history on me condensed: I was the avid coil till death type guy till about a year ago, and caved in a bought a Blitz. It was ok, but I wanted something more, so I tried the following: a Kubin cranker, a Stigma Hyper, a Neotat, a Spec Tech, a Workhorse V2 rotary, an HM Adjustable DD, and a Bishop. I then got a Halo...and found "it".

I don't think I've ever heard this mentioned....but for me being 6'3 and can palm a basketball, I need a machine out of the way of my giant hands. Specifically the rear end, and the halo is rounded and high on the back, and it might not seem like much but it's awesome. The 3.2 is my "do everything" stroke. The 4.0 is my power liner for 14 round shader single pass lines. On one client I used both the Halo and FK coil with a 14 on different areas and the Halo line work came back better; more solid and black than the coil line work. That really impressed me. Both were single pass, both were the same day, same ink, everything and the client didn't know what lines were what either as far as treating them differently for aftercare because I didn't tell them.

What can you not do with a Halo is the question I have? It's fast as hell for all you fellow psycho whip shader realism fanatics like myself using bng. Slow it down and it gives you the best saturation, and heals out of every rotary I have tried by a long shot minus the Neotat. You don't have to "engage" the needle to color or shade with a Halo like you do with other rotaries. It punches perfectly on it's own. Skin trauma is a minimum. Doing a leg sleeve over a shin and want smooth color or blends over that shin? Back out the give and then BAM! You now have an amazing coil like machine that will not chop up the blends or over saturate across the bone or super tight calf skin like a no-give machine will.

The machines are just genius. I still use an FK Pyro for all my 3-7 lines but have 3 Halos for everything else. This is a small sample of some recent work all done with Halos. I sound like a fan boy but credit is due to where credit is needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you mean when u say,"you don't hafta engadge"?. And are you useing carts or regular bar needle when workin with yer halo's..great review btw, I too am an addict of Halo's, and more recently the Direkt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofeloner View Post
    What do you mean when u say,"you don't hafta engadge"?. And are you useing carts or regular bar needle when workin with yer halo's..great review btw, I too am an addict of Halo's, and more recently the Direkt.
    You don't have to shove the needle in the skin. Regular needles & steel tubes.

4. Like Ofeloner liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe he's saying you don't have to apply added hand pressure to penetrate properly like with a coil. Some rotaries require extra amount of pressure to obtain similar results. That's been my experience, lining anyway

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohh yeah,, I gotcha, I know exactly whatchue mean..I love that about the Halo.