Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    raido shack has saved my life on more than one occasion. I have at least three of their 6.99 rca cables as back ups because it seems like anytime I buy an "expensive cable" its just a matter of time until it breaks. never have a problem with the rs rca's. granted it might be better to have a heavier duty wire rca system but I really cant tell any difference between the cheap RS rca's and the premier rca's out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely prefer RCA over Clip Cords the contact is much better and if they ever get loose I just grab the pliers and give a squeeze and it fits snug and secure

Post Thanks / Like
    My deathless RCA is dope but it was $114 and weighs a little but it's suppose to be bulletproof. I still think 1/8" mono like the ego v2 and neotat's is the shit. Long as it's vertical and use a 90 degree cord you won't pull it out of the machine

4. Like peter clements liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like high tension clip cords for coil machines. And RCA for rotary. Don't like clip cords on rotary because of motor fluctuations and they tend to throw the balance off very light machines and cause back drag. Tried mono plugs and they always seem to have problems-the wire in the cords are so thin they break from light use. Also if a rca plug wiring does break it is easy to strip it back and re solder. Try that with those mono cords-they pretty much have to be tossed.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im glad to see this post and in great timing. I have a few opinions i wish to share.

I personally have switched to RCA after 21 years using mostly clip cord. this was for the streamline look as Gaston mentioned, and also I was able to make a cord that lacked what I originally didnt like in an RCA cord. There always seemed to be 2 main issues with RCA.

ONE: The shield always gets loose and loses connection. THE SOLUTION was for us to add a custom segmented shield and slap a restrictive metal housing around it so that it never enlarges therefore maintains a solid connection. Also we used a split tip center pin so if for some reason it got loose from the male portion, you simply split the tip with a razor and wala you are back to a tight connection.

TWO: Most RCA cords on the market were WAY too heavy duty, meaning it made the machine weigh a lot more and put a drag on it. Also the barrel alone on most cords were always an inch and a half long and uber thick (extra strain) and the heavy duty RCA cords seemed to actually break the connection even faster because of this extra weight/strain on the barrel. THE SOLUTION was for us to use a Micro barrel that was Lightweight and also use a silicon cord that was flexible and lightweight so overall you almost can't even feel our cord. Being that its Lightweight, it will last even longer.

One important fact that we all probably will agree on is that no cord wether RCA or CLIPPY (as my UK buddies call it) will ever last over a year or 2 because of the nature of it being a highly movable part, but I along with a few co workers have been using the prototype for over 8 months and still works perfect.

I will end this with another question, I opted to make the cord 6 Ft instead of 7 or 8 Ft because many people I talked to wanted a shorter cord. It seemed to be that the longer the cord was, the more drag and strain it put and many people felt that you could accomplish any tattoo in any position just fine with a 6 Ft cord.

What are your thoughts on this fellas and gals?

7. Like casey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me RCA all the way.. for all the reasons already stated above.. Must say though I haven't tried mono jack connection.. I use 12€ silicon RCA cables and have had hardly any problems apart from the loosening of the outer ring (which is easily remedied).
    6' Cables are ample imo, any longer and it just adds to the spaghetti.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think 7 feet would be ideal. I have some 8 foot ones made and they are just abit to long but 6 feet seem just a bit to short.. so i think 7 foot long would be right on the money.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate when a cord is too long, cant stop from running over it, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the 8 footers but that's because of how I route my cord from me cx1 ,mounted on the back corner of my toolbox, around the rear corner and then out to my machine so that I have my power unit handy but don't have my cord on top of my paper towels or knocking ink caps or anything on top of the toolbox. That's just me though. I think at some point the cord loses a little current depending on the material but I like and 8 footer but don't have much issue with shorter ones, just have to scoot my power unit around a little

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a tool box I use as a trolly type cart and I always just stick my cx1-v2 on the side out of the way closest to the customer. usually facing up so I can push my settings easily.