Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use an 8 footer because I go Myke Chambers style and drape it over my shoulder and neck while working. Then if I have to stand up for a piece, I like them to be further away and a 6 footer is just too short for comfortable space for me. Hopefully you'll be like Lucky's and offer an extra foot to custom lengths for $1 per foot cause I'd probably buy one if you did.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had a design ready for a magnetic cable/ connector, super streemlined and small until our patent attorney told us that the concept will conflict with Apple's on their Mag-Safe patent... A couple of weeks of designs thrown to the garbage. ;(

I cannot believe that no one can make a magnetic connector!!!! Damn Apple!
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

3. Like John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't like RCA. I have several rotaries that use them and two of the RCA jacks have busted on me causing me to have to replace motors or send them in to get repaired. My RCA cables don't seem to last as long as my clip cord ones as well for some reason. I'm actually holding off purchasing a rotary at the moment, because even though I hear it's great, it's RCA only at the moment. I'd be very interested in mono as I hear people have way less issues with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Gaston you better talk to your lawyers again, because I think that you definitely have a way around that magnetic connection issue, read this article, brother. http://mikegyvercomputech.blogspot.c...microsoft.html

Post Thanks / Like
    like they said in the article, deep fryers have used that same thing way before apple did. along with magnetic phone chargers, and other computer companies like lenovo
    Last edited by cagelavey; 07-02-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally think the mono / phono plug is the best. I originally produced my machines with only 3.5 phono plugs but soon had to offer RCA and clipcord versions.
    Now I see a change in the industry where more artists are changing over to phonos. Once they really work with them they realize how much easier the connection is. And as far as I am concerned, the best there is! The cheap cables from an electronics store is the main complaint ..... they break down too fast from the constant bending. So better cables make the difference. Having an electronics background, I never liked RCAs....

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    dont forget the danger of reverse polarity on a clipcord rotary *drasticly reducing motor life*

i have read that the 3.5jacks used to give issues after a while , spaulding and rogers used to have problems with their rotaries back in the day
    i have used the 3.5 in a few machines ; but indeed they need to be vertical and with an angled connection else with a to heavy cable you can loose connection
    my new model with a brushless motor will be using the 3.5jack placed vertical

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I still am going to make a modification to the Vivace to have it come off the top vertically......just been on the back burner. This would shorten up the machine a lot.
    Now what I have been doing for years is using a double connection phono connector in my machines. What I mean is......use a stereo jack and wire it with the tip as the positive and wire the ring and shank together as the negative. I found that as the mono connector wears it will loose connection, but with the double connection it can move around and still keep a good connection......there I go giving away my trade secrets again!

10. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    HEY GASTON, i saw MAGNETIC CONNECTION already couple of years ago from ITALIAN SUPPLY, WAS NOT VERY GOOD ACTUALLY, HA HA HA HA.....

IM SURE YOUR GONNA BE ROCK...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne taylor built me an rca lead has lasted me almost a year now, all my machines are rca, there super easy to bag, i found the hawk cables nice due to their weight but break far too easy and also come off the machine while working far too easy. Bottom down rca for me, rca on my old ego gen1 used to strain my wrist really badly as the weight of a decent rca pulled back so much