Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Steel View Post
    dont forget the danger of reverse polarity on a clipcord rotary *drasticly reducing motor life*

i have read that the 3.5jacks used to give issues after a while , spaulding and rogers used to have problems with their rotaries back in the day
    i have used the 3.5 in a few machines ; but indeed they need to be vertical and with an angled connection else with a to heavy cable you can loose connection
    my new model with a brushless motor will be using the 3.5jack placed vertical
    off topic: Dig the Avatar bro! lol
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a neotat with jack, the cable I got with it lasted a good two and a half years before needing replacing. Whereas I've gone through around 8 RCA in the last year-higher and lower end, I've tried loads, drives me mad. I also have an old dannys coil that's jack, no issues with connection, but as mentioned earlier RCA on coils work loose as you work.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    off topic: Dig the Avatar bro! lol

hahahah

thanks

btw did u ever make light rca cords?

i am working on microcord rca , the wire is 0.7mm thick innercore and 1.3mm outer
    ive made quite a few testbangers and they hold up real nice

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really not sure what all the fuss is. Takes 5minutes to make your own RCA cable, ten for clip cord. I've been making my own for most of my career. Yeah, some don't last long. But some have lasted over two years. Plus, it's easy to have a couple of spares always on hand.
    That being said, clip cords were fine. I just hated the flopping. Especially when trying to line. 3.5 always seemed insecure and would pop out every time I'd try to move my cord around with the machine. I've been really happy with RCA so far. And when using carts, where you've only got one machine set up, a locking RCA is perfect.

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    I have a neotat with jack, the cable I got with it lasted a good two and a half years before needing replacing. Whereas I've gone through around 8 RCA in the last year-higher and lower end, I've tried loads, drives me mad. I also have an old dannys coil that's jack, no issues with connection, but as mentioned earlier RCA on coils work loose as you work.
    Nice to hear that cable held up that long, but some don't. I drives me nuts that same manufacture of cables will be so inconsistent. I once hired a company to make cables for us....a big medical cable company. These were very nice looking Kevlar core ones that you could pick up your toolbox with one but they too failed at the end from the constant bending. We have found the angled ones last pretty well....just a pain to get thru the cable cover

Post Thanks / Like
    the key to a good cord I think, is the heat wrap, you put around the ends. that's always been the problem with cords ive gotten, they aren't reinforced at the contact points and it always breaks/separates at the contact inside the sleeve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never tried an RCA cord. Never really felt the need. I prefer clip cord simply because I use both rotary and coil and it just seems to make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    hey gents

check out this rca clipcord combo from worldwide tattoo supplies..

interesting...

http://www.worldwidetattoo.com/engli...rds-phono-pluglarge.jpg

9. Thanks S_Trofatter thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The on from worldwide is total junk. I had one (ordered one from Paul Reynolds but never got it, and got this as a cheap alternative). Mine developed a short in a week.
    For adapterss, get one of the Tres Marias ones (rca to clip or clip to rca). They are small and very well built. It's what Dan Kubin offers with his machines now.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by throwhammers View Post
    The on from worldwide is total junk. I had one (ordered one from Paul Reynolds but never got it, and got this as a cheap alternative). Mine developed a short in a week.
    For adapterss, get one of the Tres Marias ones (rca to clip or clip to rca). They are small and very well built. It's what Dan Kubin offers with his machines now.
    Stay away from anything that worldwide sell. Nothing but cheap junk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com