Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody posted a link. And I cropped out the website from the pick. Yes, it pisses us all off, but even more so when we get burned. I bought an ego off eBay before I knew that knock offs were being made and I am pretty sure I got burned. I think it is a good service to let others be warned that fakes are out there.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Owlsden, maybe we need to make a databas of real ones and knock offs pics , basic specs so people know when they are getting a original and not burned.when you by second hand its very easy to get duped.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    Nobody posted a link. And I cropped out the website from the pick. Yes, it pisses us all off, but even more so when we get burned. I bought an ego off eBay before I knew that knock offs were being made and I am pretty sure I got burned. I think it is a good service to let others be warned that fakes are out there.
    What's good about all these knock off crap is that Great Chinese tattoo artists are sick of the cheap crap as well and they are buying original.
    As always you get what you pay for.

What's really infuriating is when companies from china are offering you a knock off of machines you created with "custom branding"!
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I report as many of the sellers on ebay for having these knock-offs. whether it helps or not I feel better that I didn't just surf on by without at least trying to bring the issue to their attention. again probably a fruitless effort but I do it anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish reporting them would do something but unfortunately ebay just cares about getting their cut

Post Thanks / Like
    I only use eBay to send my wife shoe shopping. Even then we don't buy anything. It's a shame it has come to this. I remember buying hockey cards with my dad when eBay came out. That was when people were semi honest. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Like DavidEngbaek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The point always comes to eBay. That's basically the first point of sale, people always complain about eBay, stop bitching and do something about it. If you stop eBay from selling tattoo equipment you stop most scratchers as well, it's going to be harder to buy copied machines, ink, needles etc. But i see knowone from any large tattoo equipment manufacturer doing anything about it, just complaining on forums and being totally bitchy. These top manufacturers have the contacts to do something about it but they don't they just sit, watch and bitch. If you want change sort it out otherwise suck on ebay and the Chinese copies. Most tattooists if not all will stand with top manufacturers on this. It just takes one to make a stand and then pass the word........

9. Like casey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Ive stopped shopping on scambay. Buy direclty from the original source or an authorized distributor.
    I think all machines made in the USA, AU, UK, should have the country name embeded into the machine. Kinda like Bishops do now.
    Impossible to stop the knockoffs but at least they have to sell it under a different name. Kinda like the stealth and storm. Its the same thing just slightly different.
    One more thing is to always come out with new models so they are a step behind. Shoot maybe an online serial number checker where you can check the serial number and it will show if its real or not?
    Last edited by tattoosteve; 07-25-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have any of you seen the @icalloutknockoffs account on Instagram. It is some funny stuff. Most of the "builders" have put there profiles to private after being featured on this account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk