Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    These look great mate.. And that's a really good idea 3d printing your own design.. 6-7 hours to make one is a very acceptable turnaround too.. Let us know if you go into selling them as I'm sure you'd get interest bro.
    Oh and welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    great idea, the machine look nice and light. how much weight ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ATS View Post
    These look great mate.. And that's a really good idea 3d printing your own design.. 6-7 hours to make one is a very acceptable turnaround too.. Let us know if you go into selling them as I'm sure you'd get interest bro.
    Oh and welcome to the forum!
    Thanks!
    6-7hours isnīt that much really, after spending many hours welding, grinding, brazing and winding coilmachines, this is the faster way.
    There will be machines for sale, i guess a batch of limited prototypes in the first place, and before that there will be a couple machines for my co-workers to play with.

The fun thing with 3D printing is the variety in customizing each machine, colours etc. And the idea behind the backplate is that i can add whatever the customer wants, that is printable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinhas View Post
    great idea, the machine look nice and light. how much weight ?
    Thanks!
    Well, I havenīt weight it yet, but the motor is around 50grams, my guess itīs about 100grams in total. Very light and designed to have a nice balance.

It runs a bit slower than the DD rotary from H&M Roman, at the same volts, but feels a bit more like a punchy whipshader coilmachine.

Right now Iīm trying to design the motorframe a bit better for finishing, it has a lot of angles and edges in the original design, but is a big pain to sand down and polish. You just canīt use any machines to sand it down since its plastic and that will melt the areas being sanded. (no issues with heat when tattooing etc.)

Here is an example, both lined and packed with my prototypes:
    bilde-2.jpg

4. Thanks ATS thanked for this post.
    Like cagelavey liked this post.