Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheyenne vs Inkjecta flite v2

I am in the search for switching over to the cartridge system. I have researched a number of machines and think I am debating over the cheyenne and flite v2. I am planning on using the T-tech cartridges now since they now have bugpins and different tapers (I have used them back in the day before they were available). From what my coworkers tell me, if I were to go the Cheyenne route both the Spirit and Thunder are needed because neither can do everything? Thunder for lining and color packing while the Spirit is good for smooth color and B&G? If I were to go the Inkjecta route then you have "give" but even IF I did find a setup I like, what are the odds that one setup of the machine would work for lining, color packing, and B&G? And if I were to use the no give setup on the inkjecta there really is no point of having a variable give machine in the first place. One "end all be all machine" is pretty hard to believe in my opinion. Any opinions or suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the thunder can really do it all, brother. I have a spirit and it does work more the way im accustomed to tatting but, using the thunder just a few times and I was able to knock out some really smooth blends and it packs colour like a beast. its just changing your hand speed/pressure that's all. a lil learning curve. my experience anyway. I cant speak on the flite, as I don't have one but have heard that they are epic. like a thunder with options. but again using one machine with multiple bars seems like it could be a bother. seems like youd need more than one flite if you wanted to use the multiple bar option. I definitely want one though. I feel with the spirit thunder and the flite t would be an unstoppable combo. I do believe that if here was one you could use for anything it would be the thunder, jmho

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool cagelavey, thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    no problem. I really love the thunder, really don't think youd be sorry if you picked one up, happy hunting brother.

Post Thanks / Like
    The thunder is a super color packer. Nice to line with and can make some nice b&g even if the Spirit is à bit better for that last concern. A lot of artists only use the thunder for every task and performs well with it after a short learning curve and adjustments.

6. Like cagelavey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm actually at the same cross roads. I'm torn between these two machines, and the fk irons styled machines. Not sure which route to go. Currently using kubins/rotary works/coils. Dans mc 14 seems to shine with everything other than liners smaller than a 7. In a financial bind so more of a future idea. May just snag a sidewinder but then the t tech idea is a bit redundant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    im not CART fans, but for my opinion, the INKJECTA FLITE V2 is the most advanced machine for this use, and i think gonna be very hard that someone produce something better, almost impossible, the main point of this is the CUSTOM BRUSHLESS MOTOR, this is something that nobody made before and untill now still nobody have, and more can give u the option of change stroke and the bar for create a softer or harder hit, and is ultra small, and offer the 2 options u can choose the one with normal tube vise, can possible use disposable grip too, so, i think is the most complete for CART

that u don care of all this, the THUNDER is perfect, NO GIVE, ADJUSTABLE GRIP, very small and compact and powerfull enough for everything

or any DIRECT DRIVE can push cart perfect too...ha ha ha ah

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a lot of us are here in the same space of thought !!
    I do love carts, but I do also like to have the option of a regular needle/tube set up.. So Cheyenne is not in the equation for me.
    So far I've been running a Kubin dd 3.5 with good results.. it pushes t techs well, and gives the chance to run 'conventional' set up.
    I've just bought a Kubin MC2 for that extra slap and power, however I'm not 100% convinced with it pushing carts.. Saying that I ran a session last night and it performed ok.. But I have to work with a smaller hang amount, which I'm not so accustomed to...
    I'm thinking of picking up a Direkt to give me 'choices', as I've heard they run carts real nice too.
    Yeah, the Flite looks to be a good option as well hahaha decisions, decisions!!!
    I was gonna start a thread about this too... What machine is 'best' for carts, that isn't cart only???

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan's MC Max was made for running cartridges, and I can attest to it doing the job much, much better than the MC 2. For T-Tech carts, the MC Max and Inkjectas are all I use. When I had my Halo, removing the reciprocating spring as instructed allowed me to use carts as well, and that's another machine you should consider as they are really well built.

11. Thanks ATS thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flite hands down you can change stroke lengths and give..(4 options for stroke and 4 for hit) Cheyenne has one hit one stroke. You can remove flite drive bars for autovclaving..not with cheyenne. You have to buy 170$ grips.not with flite vise ...inkjecta is more advanced in every way....The facts don't lie...

13. Like DougHardy liked this post.