Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo junk View Post
    Sorry poleson i completely overlooked the question here meant for me.

i try to explain it as the way i expirience it...

i got the flite combo.

in my post i meant the hardest spring (red flex bar) that comes with the flite...compared to the thunder the flite feels kinda springy and even more with ttechs, after using the thunder for a while to me its a lil of a uncomfortable feeling (it feels like a lil give ) but dont get me wrong it gets the job done for sure, for give users it might be easyer to get used to the flite than to the thunder.
    the thunder feels strong sharp and precize it just rams it in and your touch hand needs to controll the power of it.

does the flite hit hard enough? : well the motor has power enough but hardest flex bar makes it backoff again.

For now i prefer the thunder over the flite, but i need more hours with the flite, i tried all the bars and cams that came with it but i really disliked the soft ones and the shorter cams
    i need to buy a rigid bar to see how that feels

Plus i feel that the balance is a lil high on the flite. (A matter of getting used to) but didnt feel as comfortable as the thunder

Iff you are used to (rotary give) then the flite hits hard enough for sure.

Is there something special about the thunder? : i think the cam has the good amount of weight and shape and the motor has the good power and torque.
    the overall feeling is solid.
    but there are allot of people that dont like the thunder so its a matter of taste and "can you adjust to this machine"
    That's the best comparison I've read yet. Thanks Tattoo junk! I think you covered it.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome, iff something pops up ill be happy to help out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got 2 flitev2 and I've always use the soft bar with 2.5. And second one is set hard bar 3.5. But how does the give work then? Does anybody know the theory behind it? As the springs don't move in and out. And if they did it would only be on the up stroke the down stroke would compress any spring. So if you have a Flitev2 put your finger lightly at the end of a mag cartridge can you feel any difference between the hard and soft bar? It's always made me wonder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    I've got 2 flitev2 and I've always use the soft bar with 2.5. And second one is set hard bar 3.5. But how does the give work then? Does anybody know the theory behind it? As the springs don't move in and out. And if they did it would only be on the up stroke the down stroke would compress any spring. So if you have a Flitev2 put your finger lightly at the end of a mag cartridge can you feel any difference between the hard and soft bar? It's always made me wonder.
    I would have to theorize that the only way it could work would be if the spring bar bends on the down stroke as it resists the skin. I would also assume that the softer the bar the smaller the wire gauge, so it would bend even easier. Just my thoughts since I have never actually played with a flite.

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to explain what i (think) is going on with the spring and bar on the flite...And that is that when it runs the cam is running ahead of the spring and bar, so there is a flex (it push and pulls so theres no constand solid linear force downwards or upwards) only linear when the cam is in the highest position and lowest position, but between that there is a flex to the point its linear again and thats what makes the hit damped and how much flex there is is diffrent on each bar that came with the flite, and when it stands still its linear again and when you push on the needle it feels solid on every flex bar (offcourse) there is no space between the coils of the spring so no up and down movement...

This is not proven to be a fact so correct me iff i am wrong, this is just what i think whats going on with the flite
    Last edited by Tattoo junk; 11-27-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i wonder if it stalls on the wait out of the skin. this is beyond my mechanical knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreviltattoo View Post
    i wonder if it stalls on the wait out of the skin. this is beyond my mechanical knowledge.
    What does stalls mean???

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used a Thunder for about 2 years, mostly with T-Tech Needles. I think it's the best machine I've ever used, but it had broke twice on me, once due to bad threads near the motor where the piece just above the grip screws on (Loc-Tite) fixed this great) however the second break was the Plunger bar actually separating from the motor...this really sucked. I could not get the motor shell to open, but I glued the bar back in too...although I've been too afraid to try and use it on a customer since fixing this last time. Cheyenne is the worst when it comes to warranty, they instantly void your warranty if you use anything but official Cheyenne carts. The only way I can really see them telling is the way their carts are sealed, and if you overly dip your machine when washing out colors, there is a chance to backup fluid into the barrel, which in turn at such high velocity and speed like the motor is moving does have a chance of spitting into the motor even if very slightly, they claim to be able to tell. and to fix your machine you have to pay them $50 and send it to Germany, only to have to wait and see if they will tell you they are not going to fix it because of the carts you use. One site even said that you have to buy so many boxes of their needles each month to maintain a warranty with them.

I was in love with the THUNDER, even have the official power supply, love the constant running with one click of the foot pedal. But after the issued I had and knowing I would never have them warranty my gear, I decided to buy some FK Irons machines.
    I purchased a DIREKT which I absolutely enjoy using, not a Thunder, but not bad by any means, no Give and solid as hell with the 4mm stroke (makes it run closer to the Thunder) I barely used the Halo, but decided to sell it to a friend next week, and I'm buying a Flite v.2 in the next few days. Definitely going with the combo because I already Own 2 Cheyenne grips, most likely picking up the ridged bar too. If I ever get a second one, I will use a softer bar with that one.

My main point is, Its hard to spend the money on a Cheyenne knowing that you are going to have no warranty or are going to void the warranty on day one. Plus the awesome plunger bar system an open nature of not having to worry about any backup or spray possibilities in the motor just seems like a great idea at this point for me. I love cartridge Needles, at this point, I don't ever see myself going back to conventional needles. They work great and are super convenient to use. the extra money is well worth it in my opinion.
    hope this helped, good luck making your decision.
    Last edited by B.C. Smith; 12-06-2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Spacing the text so its not just one big hard to read chunk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo junk View Post
    What does stalls mean???
    pauses or lags like it waits a split second because of the spring loading and unloading.

Post Thanks / Like
    so far on the V.2 the rigid bars have been hands down the way to go. Tried the different springs and never was fully happy using them. With the rigids so far so good