Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bishops push carts supper smooth and have a nice balance of weight. You can use disposable grips ,stainless grips as well as the adj. hawk grip. You can use standard needles as well. And you can get more give by using victor portugal needle bars.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    that u realy wanna use CARTS but also u still wanna use normal needles, better have a machines only for carts, so buy THUNDER and this only use when u have carts, the normal needles u use with all machine u want, don't complicate your life man

3. Like DougHardy liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    They both feel completely diffrent, i use both for diffrent jobs, the flite feels a lil softer with the hardest flex bar than the thunder...

Post Thanks / Like
    Stylus. I prefer that over flite, spirit and thunder. Cheaper too, and really comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both and use both , I think the thunder is definitely a learning but it is a all around good machine ( hits hard ) . I would have to say the inkjecta definitely has the upper hand because of how soft - hard you can adjust everything and change the strokes and hit to your liking where when you get the thunder it is what it is . Also the inkjecta packs super fast as we'll even with the soft bar . Amazing machine !! This is my opinion . I see a lot of people that grab a hawk and kill it on the first try . To me I had to adjust

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakndchicks View Post
    I have both and use both , I think the thunder is definitely a learning but it is a all around good machine ( hits hard ) . I would have to say the inkjecta definitely has the upper hand because of how soft - hard you can adjust everything and change the strokes and hit to your liking where when you get the thunder it is what it is . Also the inkjecta packs super fast as we'll even with the soft bar . Amazing machine !! This is my opinion . I see a lot of people that grab a hawk and kill it on the first try . To me I had to adjust
    This is great info.

I think we can all agree that the flite v2.1 has more bells and whistles, but I'm searching for a comparison of how they feel in the skin.

@ Tattoo junk : If the flite still hits softer with the hardest bar, does it hit hard enough? Are you referring to the hardest spring bar that comes with it, or the rigid bar that's sold separately?

Is there something "special" about the thunder that I'm not aware of? Does it work like any other high end hard hitting direct drive? Or did they find a perfect sweet spot for speed/torque?

Post Thanks / Like
    i have most of these and have had all of em. I like to use one machine so for me the thunder works best. the spirit is blendy with a 3mm stroke but it snags if you have too much needle hang and just doesn't have the punch for lining. flite is good and yes has options but i'm not breaking it down in the middle of a tattoo to change the way it performs. I've had the stylus and it's cheap because the parts are cheap. the motor prob cost $10 bucks and it has a side load which it wasn't designed for. The thunder has a 4mm stroke and i don't think it hits too hard. Just hang your needle less for blending. it's not rocket science here. It's up and down consistently without any hiccups.
    like Franco talks about, you have muscle memory. So using a machine that always performs the same will make you perform your best and you can rely on your own technique rather than the machines adjustment. I am however considering the inkmachines solely on the wireless factor and i would still use ttechs and hawk grips and little to no give.

Post Thanks / Like
    I havn't used either machine and am still on the fence.

Since we don't have an autoclave, and i don't want to pay for Cheyenne needle$, I have to go disposable. Now that bishop has the vice adapter for the hawk and a few companies offer disposable cart tubes I have come around to the idea.

I have gone back and forth between the thunder and flite v2.1 vice.

Nobody has ever said the Thunder isn't a great liner and color packer but it's its ability to layer soft light greys and delicate color blends that I question.
    I have heard you have to adapt to the thunder and once you have you can generate soft blends. My hand speed is already very fast but I have been using a hefty amount of give on my rotary shaders, especially for smooth b&g.

On the other hand I have no doubt that you can set up a soft shader with the flite v2.1 but how does it line and pack at that same setting? I'm not going through the hassle of switching it over mid-session.

My final thoughts are that if you can't use one machine for the cartridge system it kinda defeats the purpose. Maybe there is no machine that can do it all without adjustment but I think I have sided with the Thunder.

Post Thanks / Like
    The thunder does it all, lines color packs and throws in soft Grey's. It truly does it all. I have a spirit also and yes the spirit does some awesome grey blends and probably a bit better than the thunder if put under a microscope, who knows. All I can tell you is that since I got my thunder I've barely even popped the spirit out of its box. I can honestly say you wouldn't be disappointed in the thunder one bit! This opinion isn't in comparison to the flite 2, I'm in no way saying that the thunder is better than the flite or visa versa. I think whether you go with the flite or the thunder you would be happy with either, they both in my opinion are two of the best machines on the market. Yes the flite had more options but since I received my flite I found the setting I liked and haven t changed it once since, so in essence I use it the same way I use the thunder. I've heard that there is a learning curve using the thunder, I just haven't experienced that personally. I picked it up and had it figured it from day one, no problem. Buying the thunder was the best decision I've ever made. I got the flite after the thunder but enjoy it just as much, I have nothing bad to say about either, both are the best machines I've ever used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by poleson View Post
    This is great info.

I think we can all agree that the flite v2.1 has more bells and whistles, but I'm searching for a comparison of how they feel in the skin.

@ Tattoo junk : If the flite still hits softer with the hardest bar, does it hit hard enough? Are you referring to the hardest spring bar that comes with it, or the rigid bar that's sold separately?

Is there something "special" about the thunder that I'm not aware of? Does it work like any other high end hard hitting direct drive? Or did they find a perfect sweet spot for speed/torque?

Sorry poleson i completely overlooked the question here meant for me.

i try to explain it as the way i expirience it...

i got the flite combo.

in my post i meant the hardest spring (red flex bar) that comes with the flite...compared to the thunder the flite feels kinda springy and even more with ttechs, after using the thunder for a while to me its a lil of a uncomfortable feeling (it feels like a lil give ) but dont get me wrong it gets the job done for sure, for give users it might be easyer to get used to the flite than to the thunder.
    the thunder feels strong sharp and precize it just rams it in and your touch hand needs to controll the power of it.

does the flite hit hard enough? : well the motor has power enough but hardest flex bar makes it backoff again.

For now i prefer the thunder over the flite, but i need more hours with the flite, i tried all the bars and cams that came with it but i really disliked the soft ones and the shorter cams
    i need to buy a rigid bar to see how that feels

Plus i feel that the balance is a lil high on the flite. (A matter of getting used to) but didnt feel as comfortable as the thunder

Iff you are used to (rotary give) then the flite hits hard enough for sure.

Is there something special about the thunder? : i think the cam has the good amount of weight and shape and the motor has the good power and torque.
    the overall feeling is solid.
    but there are allot of people that dont like the thunder so its a matter of taste and "can you adjust to this machine"