Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    image.jpg
    Here is a close up picture the dimension are similar to my MR03 grip, body and motor housing.

I don't know how it works yet but I like to know.

FK Irons/ Spektra Support fkirons_kayleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I'm not normally one to chime in on these sorts of things...
    Cheyenne/ MT Derm has worked with cosmetic/ pen style machines for a while, so I'm not sure I'd start a witch hunt just yet... From what I've seen of their existing pen style machines the internal components are drastically different.
    There are several different ways to approach a pen style machine; as you've seen we've got our own version, the Xion, coming out soon as well, but I can guarantee you it's got nothing in common with your MR03... other than the MotorBolt system that originated on the Halo of course

Feel free to contact me directly [email protected]
    or on the instagrams- @kayleigh_fkirons

3. Like jvaughn1121 liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofeloner View Post
    How the fuck is it just floating like that??!!!..its fucking magic!..I want that pen!!!!.
    Im guessing the cable is coatede steel or some such thing, the curve of it aqt the bottom creates a nice base

Post Thanks / Like
    Who gives a shit really.. wasnt their a saying that great artist steal.. Every idea has to be sparked from somewhere it has been a long long time before a truly original idea has been done.. if i try the hawk pen and the stylus or something and i like the pen better im not gonna give a shit who invented it first.. the word original and originated gets thrown around alot these days.. I was taking to Nedz at the Titanic convention i learnt that the Victor Portugal needles was not an original design but a design developed further from Ronnie stars idea.. but who cares Ronnie star started it Victor brought it the rest of the way he still gets the credit.. Like the Halo.. The stigma fly was around a long long time before and had the idea of having a motor and separate tops to switch between.. there way of attaching the motor was weak so halo had a screw on bolt which sorted out the problem of a loose connection.. Halo was not the first it just made an idea a lil better..artist use inspiration and put their own spin on something all the time why cant machine builders do something similar take and idea and say you know what i recon i could make this better

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree to a certain extent. i don't believe in intellectual theft at all. but, i do believe in progress and advancement and

that’s another thing all together. Like how t-tech, in my opinion, improved upon the cartridges (with the exception of the rubber protection barrier being absent). They didn’t develop the cart, but they in my opinion improved the tips, with the round cutaway, one piece housing, instead of a two piece design and the needle groupings I believe are better. The point is, previous designers/artists works, are bound 2 inspire new developments in all fields. It’s the blatant ripping off of a product that is incomprehensible. However, without the continuing evolution of an idea all things would become stagnant and unmoving. Inspiration, comes in all forms. One person may not have come up with the idea of the slide for a linear rotary, but that person could look at that slide and think, what if I put a spring under a cap at the end of that slide and gave that machine give? Now that machine has become its own creature all together. We should be inspired by others inventions, but we shouldn’t have to be limited by the scope of that inventor’s vision. We should be allowed/encouraged to take it further, but with respect and acknowledgment to the original idea. If you make a carbon copy of another machine and just change the housing a bit with no advancement of the design, and don’t improve upon the idea just to make your own version for a quick profit, then I whole heartedly disagree, that’s intellectual theft. However, if you improve upon that idea in a way that changes the way it functions and gives the industry something new to be inspired by, then so be it. But judging a machine by a picture and some limited knowledge on how it may have been designed, is pompous and arrogant. We have no idea how this machine functions and even if it shares an lod driven design, we have no idea if this has been improved upon or if its function is superior in some way. We all know there can be two machines with the exact drive systems and yet one machine will function far better than the other, and there can be many different reasons for that, but in most cases it’s because one builder didn’t cut corners and just plain put out a better more well engineered product. Like I said,A just because someone developed an idea doesn’t mean that person developed that idea to its full potential. I for one don’t want to have to use equipment that is sub par when there is someone who can develop it better and improve upon the original in some way. Give me the new better shit any day.

(had to type in word and paste it here, windows 8 and this forum just don't get along, lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    either way, our world is consumer based by wanting the next new thing. nothing matters except being the guy with the most. how many on here use only ONE TATTOO MACHINE? none, i can say that in almost 100 percent certainty without an answer. don't need it. so with that being said, we , the consumer drive the industry to copy, imitate and improve. the way it is is because of us, accept that and now ban all religions since they are behind all wars. stop the money machine !

Post Thanks / Like
    come to think of it, the only innovator i know of was the release of the first iPhone, it created copycats overnight and was the very first. nothing else existed like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah when the i-phone came out it changed the game. but i remember my lil sony Ericson phone i had about 10 years ago, or the razor, when they first had blue tooth and mp3 players intergrated in them, they were also phones, lol. just saying he didn't reinvent the wheel either, he just showed everyone exactly what could be done if you took it farther than anyone else had. jmho
    Last edited by cagelavey; 08-27-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    To end with this dispute once and for all:>>
    simplicity.jpg
    http://www.nouveaucontourusa.com/ind...vice-&catid=34

a) Nouveau which is a partner company of MT Derm I believe, they created a pen style machine like this years ago and I believe they have been in the market before the actual Hawk Machines and before you even thought that one day we would tattoo with a machine like these ones.
    With that said they have the right to evolve on their own original idea.

b) The Marksman was the first tattoo pen style machine, good or bad , but it was the first one to challenge that design.

c) Now I get back to work.
    Last edited by fkirons; 08-27-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all evolution, as we become more knowledgeable, technologically, intellectually, etc. New things are born from that.I think it's wrong to hinder advancement in any regard. There is like a mini government in the tattoo industry now, that hinders ingenuity, born from ignorance and fear. People fear change, and fear the loss of their profits. and fear things that are unfamiliar. If it is beneficial and furthers progress then there is nothing wrong with that. If you choose to stay at a certain speed, then stay in your lane, but don't be pissed when the kat in the bugatti, zips passed ya. Jmho. Change in the name of progress is human nature.
    Last edited by cagelavey; 08-28-2014 at 01:39 PM.