Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tattooing and Tattoo equipment stalled for quiet a few year and I'm talking a lot of years. It was then that some young dare devils decided to do their own thing and that led to a massive change in such a small amount of time. Anil Gupta, Paul Booth, Mike DeVries, Guy Aitchison, Nikko, Carson Hill and the Neuma, these are some of the people that we owe them for making tattooing what it has become today.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

2. Like gautam, nivek, cagelavey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree gaston, my first experience with rotary machines was the o.g. neotat, but i definitely don't think that rotaries would have gained as much steam if it weren't for guys like Carson Hill and his neuma machine. its all just a continuance of guys like him and the others you mentioned, stigma, and the fly machine, etc. not that the neuma came first but it opened peoples eyes as to what was possible. im amazed and honored be able to see the apex of all that is happening right now

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmull View Post
    come to think of it, the only innovator i know of was the release of the first iPhone, it created copycats overnight and was the very first. nothing else existed like that.
    Not to derail but - Iphones are just as much a copy as anything else. they took other phones features and refined them, icons, camera etc all predated the iphone. Apple just did what they usually do, refine it make it looks stylish and then overcharge the crap outta you for it. Hell Macs are the same thing, "pc" components in a pretty box with a simplified os.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

5. Like Dreviltattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I was saying about the razr, etc. Quite a few years before the I phone, blue tooth, cameras,mp3, and phone. The tattoo industry is no different than the car industry or anything else like that. you have Chevy vs Ford, Mercedes vs bmw, Toyota vs Honda,etc. Same type drive systems, with subtle differences that make them stand apart from each other. It's no different with tattoo machines, and supplies, etc. Time will tell what stays and what goes, and it will evolve based on what works and what doesn't, simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    Not to derail but - Iphones are just as much a copy as anything else. they took other phones features and refined them, icons, camera etc all predated the iphone. Apple just did what they usually do, refine it make it looks stylish and then overcharge the crap outta you for it. Hell Macs are the same thing, "pc" components in a pretty box with a simplified os.
    Except you have it backwards. Apple was around before PC especially windows. Apple designed the first GUI style interface and when Gates left apple he snagged the source code and has been playing catch up ever since.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apple was the first computer for home use. The iphone i refer to is the touchscreen and bringing a totally radical device that changed everything. Who on here owns a phone that is not touchscreen???

Post Thanks / Like
    The first touchscreen phone was the IBM Simon, launched in 1992. During this decade the popular iPaq (not made by Apple by the way) was launched with touchscreens and optional phone attachments. HTC, the leader in touchscreen phones up until the iPhone and makers of phones like the Nexus One launched their first touchscreen phone, the HTC Wallaby aka XDA in 2002. like I've been trying to say, Steve Jobs may not have invented the touch screen phone but he took the idea and made it worth something. which is the argument in a nut shell. don't be limited by someone else's vision, if you can make it better, you should be able to do so, just like steve jobs, or FKI, Cheyenne, t-tech, bishop, neotat, etc. evolve or die, its nature, and its our nature, plain and simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of derailing, i got ttechs, i have been using them, and i have got to say i think it is a pretty cool
    setup!

11. Like cagelavey liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"New" Hawk Pen !!!!

The iPhone was unique an many ways and forced everyone to evolve towards their line or disappear.

However Palm Pilots were to me the foundation for the iphone concept.

Funny thing, Palm as a company does not longer exist as it was consumed by modern phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    all sent from your i phone gaston, lol